[NL2-NL10] MSS AK, I try to be tricky with my betsizing.

• tryhardnoob
      tryhardnoob
      Bronze
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      BB:
      $2
      Hero:
      $0,92

0,01/0,02 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant.Base 0.99 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with A:spade: , K:spade:
      4 folds, Hero raises to $0,06, 3 folds, BB calls $0,04.

Flop: ($0,13) A:diamond: , K:club: , 3:heart: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0,08, BB calls $0,08.

Turn: ($0,29) 7:diamond: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0,15, BB calls $0,15.

River: ($0,59) T:heart: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero raises $0,63 (All-In), BB calls $0,63.

Final Pot: $1,85

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows tvåpar, ess och kungar (As Ks)
      BB shows (Ac Td)

Hero wins with tvåpar, ess och kungar (As Ks)
      So basically I bet pretty low cause I want to lure him in the pot to pay me off. But the bet I do on river is just looking so werid. Like ALARM ALARM STRONG HAND :D

Should I manipulate my betsize when I know I'm ahead and can't get suckedout on most of the time? Like If I have good twopair or sets? Is there value in this? Maybe I need to check the player im against and see how passive he is also. Thanks =)
  • 3 replies
    • burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      Hey tryhardnoob,

Indeed you have to always plan your bet sizes in advance.

Preflop and flop are well played, also the board is pretty dry so you don't have to protect.

On the turn though you should really bet some more like 0.19$, so you are left with a nice stack to pot ratio for a river shove. As you said yourself, as played the river looks too strong which could easily be avoided with better betsizing on previous streets.

Best regards,
      burek2000
    • tryhardnoob
      tryhardnoob
      Bronze
      Yupp, normal case I would be at least 19 cent. But it felt like it had too much foldEQ. 15 cent looks so easy to call :D .

Also It can induce some bluffs. I still dont look commited, meanwhile betting 19 cent puts my stack under 60 cent.
    • burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      Originally posted by tryhardnoob
      Yupp, normal case I would be at least 19 cent. But it felt like it had too much foldEQ. 15 cent looks so easy to call :D .

Also It can induce some bluffs. I still dont look commited, meanwhile betting 19 cent puts my stack under 60 cent.
      But you want to commit yourself and by commiting yourself commiting your opponent as well. :f_wink:

And besides, if villain calls .15 he will pretty much always call .19 as well.