Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $0,8
      UTG2:
      $0,2

0,01/0,02 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant.Base 0.99 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with 9:spade: , 7:club:
      UTG1 folds, UTG2 calls $0,02, 6 folds, Hero checks.

Flop: ($0,05) 6:spade: , 5:club: , 2:spade: (2 players)
      Hero checks, UTG2 checks.

Turn: ($0,05) 8:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0,05, UTG2 calls $0,05.

River: ($0,15) 8:club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0,11, UTG2 folds, Hero gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $0,15

Feel like a elephant thats trying to go iceskating when I play limped pots. I feel like I fail hard :f_cry:
      How big should my betsize be? I want to get the money in and still not let him off the hook. i want max value ofc :D
  • 1 reply
    • burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      Hey tryhardnoob,

I like the hand as played. It's standard to bet full potsize when you hit a strong hand in freeplay, the problem in this hand is you hit it no before the turn which means you can't get more than 2 streets of value here in any way. I like both your turn and river betsize. On the turn there are still draws that can call you and worse made hands and the pot is very small so potsize isn't too scary. On the river on the other hand it's the last street, so draws are busted and the pot is somewhat bigger so it's not necessary to bet full potsize there thus I like your 2/3 potsize.

You could also consider check/raising the river to give busted draws a chance to try to bluff, but again that's somewhat read dependent and in general it's best to just bet out yourself as you did because fish prefers to call too much than to bet too much.

Btw, for max value the villain also need somewhat strong hand if you want to get paid of, but that's not always the case, up to you is just to bet and let the fish hook themselves when they do have something.

Best regards,
      burek2000