Hu Sngs

• LuckyDimes
      LuckyDimes
      Bronze
      Hey, guys. Didn't find a proper forum section to write, so i'm writing it here. My question is: do someone here plays HU sngs of 4 man at pokerstars? It goes like this: there's 4 people who register, they are seated at 2 tables, winners of both tables goes for a shot of the 1 place prize of 4xBI. I think it's kinda profitable, since there are so many fishes here... It's even fisher imo than in normal Hu sngs. So, just wondering, maybe someone wants to join a sweat session or just to chat about the strategy? Would be fun to talk and argue about certain things.
  • 6 replies
    • pavels4444
      pavels4444
      Bronze
      I mainly play scheduled MTT tournaments but when I dont have time for them, then I play those HU sng's 4 man (either 5 min blinds or 10 min)

I play just those 2 dollar ones since my bankroll grew only up to 250 so far. Some players really dont have much idea what they are doing...
      I have been playing them for only 2 months now because I wanted to improve my HU game. Its been def profitable, dont know how much because as i said, I like to play the tournaments as well.

Strategy:
      Against almost all russian players: play tight and wait for their overagressive stupid raises when you got the goods :D they usually hate folding so when you got it, raise big as well.
      Overall, I adjust my game to the type of oponent. You can see their type of game after few hands...
      I play 2 tables at once. More would be hard to do and I will lose track of their strategy or style of playing
    • Hahaownedlolz
      Hahaownedlolz
      Bronze
      I don't play the 4man hu sngs.. because hu sng variance is already sick enough. But if their very fishy i might give them a shot. i'm already crushing $11 nbi on stars so i'll see if those are more profitable :D

Imo if the skill level is even between those and normal hu sng i really wouldn't ever play them.. your just begging for variance to hit you in the face :D
    • LuckyDimes
      LuckyDimes
      Bronze
      Yeah, totally agree with you, hahaownedlolz. Variance can sometimes be very high. But you can take an advantage from it. For example, you can be sucked out as well as your opponent by you. At the low limits, it's just so many fishes there who don't even know how to play HU... I will probably do some BR building at these, and after that, maybe i will switch to regular HU sngs.
    • pavels4444
      pavels4444
      Bronze
      OK, there is some variance but if you play enough and understand the basics of HU game, then it is quite easy to beat the lowest buy-in (thats the 2 dollar). There is also lower rake paid for those HU tourneys 4 man.
    • MarcPS
      MarcPS
      I play these to a decent profit.

The important thing is to watch the other table whilst you're playing if possible to try and pick up tendancies on both players so that when you make the 'FT' (lol) then you already have some info/tendancies to exploit.
    • conall88
      conall88
      Bronze
      step1: identify player type of villain you are against in round 2

step 2: classify

step 3: repeat for the other winner of round 1

step 4: adjust

step 5: ???

step 6: profit