[NL2-NL10] NL- ATs- flush draw + TP on turn

• Dback357
      Dback357
      Bronze
      Hello,

this hand is somewhat similar to the one I posted earlier. Villain is unknown.

Flop- I think this is standard.
      Turn- suddenly I had showdown value but I didn't want to play for a huge pot with my top pair so decided to see the river and maybe even induce some bluffs
      River- I didn't hit the flush so went with my initial plan and only called the bet.

I have 2 questions- 1. Was it OK to check the turn? 2. What to do if he bets big into my on the turn or if he raises my bet (if I bet) on the turn? Is it OK to go broke with nuts flush draw + top pair?

Thanks and best wishes.

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.01/$0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)

Known players:
      BU:
      $2.77
      SB:
      $2.86
      BB:
      $2.00
      UTG1:
      $4.35
      UTG2:
      $2.14
      MP1:
      $4.06
      MP2 (Hero):
      $2.16
      MP3:
      $3.15
      CO:
      $1.89

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with T, A.
      3 folds, Hero raises to $0.08, 4 folds, BB calls $0.06.

Flop: ($0.17) 8, Q, 3 (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.12, BB raises to $0.28, Hero calls $0.16.

Turn: ($0.73) A (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero checks.

River: ($0.73) 5 (2 players)
      BB bets $0.46, Hero calls $0.46.

Final Pot: $1.65.

Results follow:

Hero shows a pair of aces(Td Ad).
      BB shows a pair of eights(Ks 8c).

Hero wins with a pair of aces(Td Ad).
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Dback357,

1. Was it OK to check the turn?

Yeah, likely Checking behind is totally fine since we don't want to face another Check/Raise or anything similar. And as well if he even has a weaker hand he will have hard time Calling with worse and we might even Call him along with us when we Check behind and show weakness.

2. What to do if he bets big into my on the turn or if he raises my bet (if I bet) on the turn? Is it OK to go broke with nuts flush draw + top pair?

Depends a lot on the bet size what he is using. We could easily even get the correct implied odds here for a Call. And usually when we do bet it here then we as well have to take into account that our plan is to go broke. If you aren't sure either to go broke or not than rather take pot control and Check behind.

Best regards.