[NL2-NL10] Are my calculations right?

• mongomob
      Hi all, i'm new to cashgames all toghether and would just like to have it confirmed or corrected that in this hand, wich i am not proud of the min-raise after flop,
      (think i was thinking, not risking too much, but still try and build a pot, also see where i stood)...
      Anyways i calculated any J and Heart as outs, 12 that is, times 4 after flop, about 48% then. so i call his raise, thinking he's protecting from a draw that would have him, after Turn his pot size bet is allways a clear fold right?

here's the Hand.

Table Benay - $0.01/$0.02 - No Limit Hold'em - 14:20:24 ET - 2011/04/10
      Seat 1: Villain1 ($2.32)
      Seat 2: Hero ($2.30)
      Seat 3: X ($2.01), is sitting out
      Seat 4: X ($0.80)
      Seat 5: X ($2.23)
      Seat 6: X ($2.08)
      Seat 7: X ($2)
      Seat 8: Villain ($1.23)
      Seat 9: X ($2.17)
      Villain1 posts the small blind of $0.01
      Hero posts the big blind of $0.02
      X stands up
      X posts $0.02
      The button is in seat #9
      *** HOLE CARDS ***
      Dealt to Hero [Qh Kh]
      X folds
      X folds
      X folds
      X checks
      VIllain calls $0.02
      X folds
      Villain2 calls $0.01
      Hero checks
      *** FLOP *** [2h 4c 9h]
      X checks
      Hero bets $0.04
      X folds
      Villain raises to $0.08
      Villain2 folds
      Hero calls $0.04
      *** TURN *** [2h 4c 9h] [Ts]
      Hero checks
      Villain bets $0.24
      Hero has 15 seconds left to act
      Hero has requested TIME
      Hero folds
      Uncalled bet of $0.24 returned to riapla
      Villain mucks
      Villain wins the pot ($0.23)
      *** SUMMARY ***
      Total pot $0.24 | Rake $0.01
      Board: [2h 4c 9h Ts]

Anything you'd have done differently?
  • 3 replies
    • MrMardyBum
      1st point is - PLEASE use a HH convertor as it makes it so much easier to read the HH. There is one here http://www.pokerstrategy.com/poker-hand-converter/

Other than that I posted a similar hand and it played much the same way, and also folded on the turn. Although, you can't forget that your opponent could of also had a better flush draw than you with Ah,xh. I think you folded in the correct place to be honest.

Also, when posting your hands it helps people if you can post any history you have on your opponent. If you use a HUD a few basic stats including the amount of hands you have on that player also helps immensely :)
    • mongomob
      Thank you for your comments, i just found the Hand Converter after i posted, and will surely use it next time =) including stats from holdem manager =)
    • veriz
      Hello mongomob,

Welcome to the NL BSS Hand Evaluation Forum! Hopefully we will see more hands from you in the future, so we will be able to help you fix your leaks and as well help move up the limits. We will be waiting for the next hands and till that good luck on tables!

About the hand:
      Yes, try to convert it. It seems that you copied it from some wrong spot, I couldn't convert it. :D What room do you play at?

Preflop: You could even raise it up here like $0,14. Although Checking ain't wrong either but our hand is pretty strong so I wouldn't mind if you even would raise it here.

As played
      Postflop: Kinda close on turn, I guess I would rather just fold it as well. We kinda get the implied odds but they are pretty close and while we played it passively preflop then likely just avoid any kind of close spots like this ones. If he had like full stack then it would be much easier to Call since we would play for bigger stack.

Best regards.