SB: £5.06
      BB: £1.00
      UTG: £2.00
      UTG+1: £4.39
      MP: £2.00
      MP+1: £5.41

SB posts SB £0.01, BB posts BB £0.02

Pre Flop: (£0.03) Hero has A:club: 8:diamond:

fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to £0.06, fold, fold, BB raises to £0.18, Hero calls £0.12

Flop: (£0.37, 2 players) 3:diamond: A:diamond: T:heart:
      BB checks, Hero checks

Turn: (£0.37, 2 players) K:diamond:
      BB bets £0.28, Hero calls £0.28

River: (£0.93, 2 players) 9:club:
      BB checks, Hero checks

I check behind on the flop because think i may be wa/wb.

When villain bets the turn, I don't think he has a flush / straight, as he would continue his blind defence by cbetting his draw on the flop.

on the river I think I am ahead.

Should I raise for value here?
  • 2 replies
    • Adapter1337
      Do you have some stats with opponent? If you have then allways please add these.

1)I think NL2 its bad open A8o on CO, unless you are really good postflop player or blind are really really huge fishes. I think AT+ is good in CO

2)Your opponent are mid stack, dont call (actually never dont call, unless superdeep) A8o 3b, its really big -ev play. Its because bad play, you dont hit often enought, and IF you hit Ace, and you get action, then there is most of times better ace. And you dont hit enougt 2pair or trips of 8s or FH.
      You pay every time 12 to win his 1,06 (his stack + 0,06 what you are invest allready), so IF he pay off you every time, then you need hit ~ 8% of times.
      You hit way way less and he def dont pay you off every time + alw if he pay off, he usually have some eq against you, so even if he pay you off, he may win this hand. I dont know how to explain it, but i hope you get point.

3)You may 4b as bluff, but i think NL2 its not good idea also. Just to know you, its good card to bluff because you have one A, so if he raise here, then he have less AA than times when you have for example KQ, then he have more often AA. But yes, i dont think NL2 is 4b bluff good idea.

4)If he check here flop, then he have usually AA/AT (not so often since you have one A) or KK/QQ/JJ, so i like also check back here, because you dont get anyway 3streets of value, let he think that he JJ/QQ/KK may be good here
      I call this turn def, but i dont do it insta, take some time and call, planning to call any river (unless he bets really big).
      If he check turn aswell i bet/fold here, 0.22-0.24 is good size
      If he check river here, i think he dont have really strong hand and i go for thin valuebet, about 0.35 is good i think. If he raise here, then its bit hard, because he may tiltraise with QQ. But i still think its good to take here thin value.
    • Iolar
      Hey Adapter,

I don't use stats at the moment - I'm focusing on improving hand reading, and also I think they've been distracting me a bit.

Anyway, just replying to say that was a really useful answer for me - reinforced some thinking for me.

(Villain did show QQ, as you said)

Thanks very much