C-bet vs Check

• ManniXXX
      ManniXXX
      Bronze
      I've been noticing recently that in general if I am the preflop aggressor, a cbet on the flop is very likely to be called. It might just be the luck of the cards fooling me but sometimes I feel that a check to the turn and then betting on a card which I could of hit (but didn't) seems to be more effective. At least at the current limits I'm playing at anyway.

Thoughts? I guess you could argue that on a raggy board with AK hole cards your ahead quite a bit of the time and letting villain see a card for free that he could hit is wrong....

I usually do make a cbet but I'm not sure how effective it is in these low limits anymore.
  • 3 replies
    • helemaalnicks
      helemaalnicks
      Bronze
      don't know about low limits, on higher limits firing a second barrel with a hand like ak tells them you must have aces, and makes them fold. You need good flopreading skills for this move.
    • Unam
      Unam
      I can't give you a general answer, my advice would be to post some sample hands.
      Because it depends on the BI, the number of players seeing the flop, blind lvl, chipstacks, texture of the flop, your position ...

I can't answer this in general.
    • tonypoop56
      tonypoop56
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Unam1337
      I can't give you a general answer, my advice would be to post some sample hands.
      Because it depends on the BI, the number of players seeing the flop, blind lvl, chipstacks, texture of the flop, your position ...

I can't answer this in general.
      Well said. I do make the CB with a hand like AK if I'm in a late position and no bets had been made previously.