[NL2-NL10] 88 c/bet Mk II

• Watto77
      Watto77
      Bronze
      This is why I do not agree with Frzl. Yes it is a one off result but there is no way in the long run this move is profitable.

Playing SSS stack was $4.65 and this goose thought his 2 kicker was good.

Poker Stars
      No Limit Holdem Ring game
      Blinds: $0.10/$0.25
      7 players
      Converter

Pre-flop: (7 players) Hero is CO with 8 8
      UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, MP1 folds, Hero raises to $1.25, Button calls, 3 folds.

Flop: K A K ($3.1, 2 players)
      Hero is all-in $3.4, Button calls.

Turn: 2 ($9.9, 1 player + 1 all-in - Main pot: $9.9)

River: T ($9.9, 1 player + 1 all-in - Main pot: $9.9)

Results:
      Final pot: $9.9
  • 5 replies
    • helemaalnicks
      helemaalnicks
      Bronze
      on this flop i would NOT cont bet, since the overcards are MUCH more likely to have hit the opponent then a Q and a 9. It is very important to understand what flops you go all in on, and what flops not to.
    • Watto77
      Watto77
      Bronze
      There is no logic in that because the difference in hitting A or K as opposed to a Q or 9 with an under pair would be so negligible that it wouldn't change the theory of a C bet or a c/f
    • helemaalnicks
      helemaalnicks
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Watto77
      There is no logic in that because the difference in hitting A or K as opposed to a Q or 9 with an under pair would be so negligible that it wouldn't change the theory of a C bet or a c/f
      and that is not true. Not an argument against it, it's simply not true. High cards are better then low cards, so they are more likely to be played.
    • xylere
      xylere
      Bronze
      well) because of our stack size (20BB) we are cbetting on any flop) you have huge fold equity here against any non-A or K hands. I would say on the higher limits you have a fold equity even against most of the A hands...

Besides, most of the strong A and K hands would reraise you pre-flop, so there is a big chance that you are up against pockets. So you can be even ahead or have a very solid FE, if you are actually behind (against 99, TT)

against the range 22-TT, AQs-ATs, KQs, AQo-ATo, KQo you have 41.5% of equity, while you need to have 33%.

I don`t like statements like "there is no way..." that are based on human instincts) If you are that sure, please show us the facts)
    • Watto77
      Watto77
      Bronze
      Thanks Xylere - I was peaking a bit at the time and apologised to nicks