This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] 88 c/bet Mk II

• Watto77
      Watto77
      Bronze
      This is why I do not agree with Frzl. Yes it is a one off result but there is no way in the long run this move is profitable.

Playing SSS stack was $4.65 and this goose thought his 2 kicker was good.

Poker Stars
      No Limit Holdem Ring game
      Blinds: $0.10/$0.25
      7 players
      Converter

Pre-flop: (7 players) Hero is CO with 8 8
      UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, MP1 folds, Hero raises to $1.25, Button calls, 3 folds.

Flop: K A K ($3.1, 2 players)
      Hero is all-in $3.4, Button calls.

Turn: 2 ($9.9, 1 player + 1 all-in - Main pot: $9.9)

River: T ($9.9, 1 player + 1 all-in - Main pot: $9.9)

Results:
      Final pot: $9.9
  • 5 replies
    • helemaalnicks
      helemaalnicks
      Bronze
      on this flop i would NOT cont bet, since the overcards are MUCH more likely to have hit the opponent then a Q and a 9. It is very important to understand what flops you go all in on, and what flops not to.
    • Watto77
      Watto77
      Bronze
      There is no logic in that because the difference in hitting A or K as opposed to a Q or 9 with an under pair would be so negligible that it wouldn't change the theory of a C bet or a c/f
    • helemaalnicks
      helemaalnicks
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Watto77
      There is no logic in that because the difference in hitting A or K as opposed to a Q or 9 with an under pair would be so negligible that it wouldn't change the theory of a C bet or a c/f
      and that is not true. Not an argument against it, it's simply not true. High cards are better then low cards, so they are more likely to be played.
    • xylere
      xylere
      Bronze
      well) because of our stack size (20BB) we are cbetting on any flop) you have huge fold equity here against any non-A or K hands. I would say on the higher limits you have a fold equity even against most of the A hands...

Besides, most of the strong A and K hands would reraise you pre-flop, so there is a big chance that you are up against pockets. So you can be even ahead or have a very solid FE, if you are actually behind (against 99, TT)

against the range 22-TT, AQs-ATs, KQs, AQo-ATo, KQo you have 41.5% of equity, while you need to have 33%.

I don`t like statements like "there is no way..." that are based on human instincts) If you are that sure, please show us the facts)
    • Watto77
      Watto77
      Bronze
      Thanks Xylere - I was peaking a bit at the time and apologised to nicks