[NL2-NL10] JJs heads up

• paulsbadluck
      paulsbadluck
      Bronze
      just wanted to find out what u guys would have done on this particular hand.
      im on the big blind , blinds are 2/3 player UTG raised to 11 everyone folds to me . I wake up to pocket Jacks and reraise him to 29 thinking he then comes over the top of me again to 60, i flat call flop comes 789 rainbow i have 140 behind so i though if i was going to raise or call a raise anywhere near 50 percent of my chips i would rather shove for some fold equity at least. I shoved turns out he had aces. Should i have just played it more passively preflop instead of 3 betting him preflop or perhaps folded to his fourbet?
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello paulsbadluck,

Welcome to the NL BSS Hand Evaluation Forum! Hopefully we will see more hands from you in the future, so we will be able to help you fix your leaks and as well help move up the limits. We will be waiting for the next hands and till that good luck on tables!

About he hand:
      Preflop: Since it's against UTG I often times tend to even Call preflop. Since UTG range is often times pretty strong and we might just isolate us against better hands. Although if he has been raising a lot of hands then 3betting ain't wrong.

As palyed
      Postflop: As you went for 3bet then it's not much to do on such a flop. Although usually against nits/rather unknown opponents I would just call it.

And few tips for next time, could you try posting a hand history? Or from what did you pick the hand?

Best regards.