move up?

• swissmoumout
      swissmoumout
      Bronze
      Hi,
      I'm currently playing NL50 SH on party, and after 10k+ almost break-even hands, I'm wondering if I could move up to NL100? I have a more or less 3200$ roll, so it should be enough right?
      My stats are, approximately (I was too tight/passive in the beginning, so they should probably be a little higher): vp$ip 17%+, PFR 11%+, total AF ~2.3.
      Here's my PokerEV graph (BTW is this normal? I'm guessing not ^^,) SFr = $=ptBB here

Would you advise me to stay at NL50 or can I move up?

Thanks
  • 13 replies
    • Yoghi
      Yoghi
      Black
      You need to feel like you can beat the limit you are on now without a lot of problems. If that's the case you can try to play like 3 tables of NL50 and 1 table of NL100 and see if it's any different. When you think you can make the jump up the waterfall to the next level of fish go for it, if you think you need some more experience, stay on a lower limit untill you think you have enough.
    • swissmoumout
      swissmoumout
      Bronze
      Thanks for the quick reply(ies) and advice.
      I do feel pretty confident I can beat NL50, but I don't know if theres a huge gap between NL50 and NL100. In any case I'll stay on NL50 until I have PA HUD, cause the first time I played I noticed there were a few good/TAG opponents, but it's hard to spot them without tools...well I'll try a couple tables like you said
    • Yoghi
      Yoghi
      Black
      I don't know how long you still have to wait/how many more strategypoints but if it's quite a lot I advise you to buy the HUD yourself or use gametime+. I don't know the difference in skill because I play FL, but I guess somebody else will asnwer that ;p
    • swissmoumout
      swissmoumout
      Bronze
      bleh, gametime+ sucks. It displays the stats alright, but doesn't update when a player leaves etc...and no help file included..pity, I usually prefer opensource software. I have 2.5k points though, so whenever the support team aren't overworked (looks like there's a lot to do ATM ^^) I'll have PA. I could buy it, but I'm just too lazy :D
    • swissmoumout
      swissmoumout
      Bronze
      hahahahaha a guy just donated like 100$ to me with 6 high :D ok NL100 isn't too high for me ^^
      hmmm good start to NL100... just found the perfect opponent.. absolute calling station (didn't know they existed in this habitat ;) ) vpip 87%, WTSD 45% :p
    • ccookie
      ccookie
      Bronze
      Congratulations on a good start. I was going to advise to at least give NL100 a try by looking for some easier games - you certainly have a bankroll for that. Too late for that advice ;)

What they say, if you play too low for your bankroll, you are losing money too (if not in immediate winrate, then because of potential to speed up your career). So at the very least it's worth trying for a buy-in or two.

As for the level of games, it must differ between sites a lot. I tried NL100 SH only on one small site, and it was filled with sharks (while NL50 was way too fishy there). On NL100, people would 3-bet you preflop, min-reraise your contbets on air/draws/monsters equally often, floating, etc - tough games really. But in some other poker rooms, NL100 seems to be quite beatable. So pick your battles.
    • swissmoumout
      swissmoumout
      Bronze
      Well not that great a start after all :D You can read about it in my "blog"
      But it's certainly beatable. Tougher than NL50, but if I can quickly/easily identify my opponents I can play against most of them
    • factorIR
      factorIR
      Bronze
      I really don't uderstand this pokerEV graphs. It seems you are running bad because blue line is below red one. If blue is above red this probably means that you are running hot. And probably blue and green lines should stick together. It seems like you are missing some showdown value. Is this true? Can someone explain?
    • finchybg
      finchybg
      Bronze
      Sorry for the lame question:
      There is a page on pokerstrategy that explained all these abreviations like VPIP, AF and so on, but I can't find it again. Could someone help?
    • Puschkin81
      Puschkin81
      Bronze
      Hi finchybg!

There are no stupid questions! Please take a look at this site: http://www.pokerstrategy.com/software/article/112

Good luck at the tables!
      Puschkin81
    • frzl
      frzl
      Bronze
      Originally posted by factorIR
      I really don't uderstand this pokerEV graphs. It seems you are running bad because blue line is below red one. If blue is above red this probably means that you are running hot. And probably blue and green lines should stick together. It seems like you are missing some showdown value. Is this true? Can someone explain?
      you are right about the red and blue line. the blue line shows your actual showdown winnings in all in situations (ONLY all in situations). red one shows your expected showdown winnings... so when you move all in for 100$ and get called by 1 opponent (no extra money like blinds or a third player) and your equity is 70% your expected showdown winnings would be 140$.
      the green line shows your total winnings. in the best case the green line should be near the blue one which would say that you make good contibets, bluffs, steals etc (win money without a showdown).

so in this special case the player seems to run a bit worse than expected but thats normal... 10k hands aren´t that much and all pokersites are rigged. also it seems that hero loses a lot of money by posting the blinds, making bad folds, bad contibets, bad steals or just doesn´t contibet/steal/... enough

but as i said: 10k hands aren´t that much

hope i could help you a bit and didn´t write too much shit... i only read about it in the german forum
    • drachdudek
      drachdudek
      Gold
      Originally posted by frzl
      Originally posted by factorIR
      you are right about the red and blue line. the blue line shows your actual showdown winnings in all in situations (ONLY all in situations). red one shows your expected showdown winnings... so when you move all in for 100$ and get called by 1 opponent (no extra money like blinds or a third player) and your equity is 70% your expected showdown winnings would be 140$.
      the green line shows your total winnings. in the best case the green line should be near the blue one which would say that you make good contibets, bluffs, steals etc (win money without a showdown).

so in this special case the player seems to run a bit worse than expected but thats normal... 10k hands aren´t that much and all pokersites are rigged. also it seems that hero loses a lot of money by posting the blinds, making bad folds, bad contibets, bad steals or just doesn´t contibet/steal/... enough

but as i said: 10k hands aren´t that much

hope i could help you a bit and didn´t write too much shit... i only read about it in the german forum
      How can you prove that "all pokersites are rigged"..i ve heard many rumours on many forums without any proof...
    • frzl
      frzl
      Bronze
      think i should have added a smiley there ^^