[NL2-NL10] SH NL10 - Full house on 88982 board

• luizsilveira
      luizsilveira
      Bronze
      Fist of all, yes I'm steaming. A lot.

My main question is: should I go broke on this spot, or should I just call the river minraise?

After my last (failed) attempt on NL10 I had decided to move back to NL4 and stay there. Then today I was taking a break from cash games, playing MTTs. The last one I got busted on AT vs. A6s and the guy flushed.

Ok, that's boring, back to cash. So I started scanning the tables and found a major-mega-super fish on NL10. It was impossible to resist, as he has handed me several BI even though I haven't played him much. His stats:

VPIP - 79 (yup, 79)
      PFR - 25
      AF around 1
      Fold flop - 26%
      Went to showdown - 43%

Fold hands:
      No fold - 53%!
      Preflop - 20
      Flop - 12
      Turn - 6
      River 3.5
      (rounding up of course)

PartyGaming - $0.10 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players

Hero (MP): $10.00
      CO: $3.43
      BTN: $10.69
      SB: $10.00
      BB: $14.45
      UTG: $10.81

SB posts SB $0.05, BB posts BB $0.10

Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero has 9:club: 9:spade:

fold, Hero raises to $0.30, fold, BTN calls $0.30, fold, BB calls $0.20

Flop: ($0.95, 3 players) 8:spade: 8:diamond: 9:heart:
      BB checks, Hero checks, BTN bets $0.30, BB calls $0.30, Hero calls $0.30

Turn: ($1.85, 3 players) 8:club:
      BB bets $1.32, Hero calls $1.32, BTN calls $1.32

River: ($5.81, 3 players) 2:diamond:
      BB checks, Hero bets $2.00, BTN raises to $4.00, fold, Hero raises to $8.08 and is all-in, BTN calls $4.08

BTN shows T:diamond: 8:heart: (Four of a Kind, Eights) (PreFlop 30%, Flop 5%, Turn 98%)
      Hero mucks 9:club: 9:spade: (Full House, Nines full of Eights) (PreFlop 70%, Flop 95%, Turn 2%)
      BTN wins $20.97

When the third 8 came and BB bet, I read (correctly it seems) he didn't have the 8. Probably an overpair, maybe a 9. If he had an 8, with the action on flop, I don't think he would bet and would probably check-raise. Even if he did bet, why would he suddenly bet 2/3 pot after being passive on flop? No no.

I just called. Since fish just called too (as he always does) I bet the river for value.

Now... fold is out of question but of course I could have just called the min raise... but I think he could have done that as well with a 9, certainly with 22 and maybe with overpairs.

Oh, and I didn't mention, he bluffs A LOT. In fact, I don't think I remember him ever betting for value.

So yeah... steaming badly, and once again my try at NL10 was crushed (I'm down some 6 or 7 BI *in a row*, 3 below EQ line).
  • 3 replies
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      I would prefer either 0.6$ c-bet or c/r flop to get more money in to the pot with nuts
      Turn and river are played fine, although you can also min-raise turn to get more money in with second nuts and since you still have second nuts on the river+ he might sometimes have there 9x hand, or maybe slowplayed overpair I think shove is also better than call.
      He sometimes have there 8x, but not that often that you should just b/c

Hope you run better and can move back to nl 10
    • luizsilveira
      luizsilveira
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Kaitz20

Hope you run better and can move back to nl 10
      Thanks, but the way it's going I'm looking more to NL2 than NL10 right now.

God save bankroll management, as today I stacked off some more times. I'm some 10BI down on NL4 in just this last couple or 3 days.

And this type of s**** continue to happen all the time with my KK, which is by far the hand I lose the most. I'm not kidding I'll start to just fold them pre:

PartyGaming - $0.04 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 5 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 3

UTG: $3.98
      Hero (CO): $9.28
      BTN: $7.26
      SB: $5.25
      BB: $3.86

SB posts SB $0.02, BB posts BB $0.04

Pre Flop: ($0.06) Hero has K:spade: K:heart:

UTG raises to $0.16, Hero raises to $0.48, fold, fold, BB calls $0.44, UTG calls $0.32

Flop: ($1.46, 3 players) 2:spade: 5:spade: 8:diamond:
      BB checks, UTG checks, Hero bets $0.90, BB calls $0.90

Turn: ($3.26, 3 players) 8:club:
      BB checks, Hero bets $2.00, BB raises to $2.48 and is all-in, Hero calls $0.48

River: ($8.22, 3 players) 4:club:

Hero shows K:spade: K:heart: (Two Pair, Kings and Eights) (PreFlop 64%, Flop 51%, Turn 5%)
      BB shows A:spade: 8:spade: (Three of a Kind, Eights) (PreFlop 13%, Flop 48%, Turn 95%)
      UTG mucks A:club: J:club: (One Pair, Eights) (PreFlop 22%, Flop 1%, Turn 0%)
      BB wins $6.42
      BB wins $1.39

Great call pre-flop, don't you think? A8 OOP vs. two villains on a 3bet pot. Love this game.

And yes, my cbet vs. two villains OTF was a bit small. Nevertheless, in this case I would just have lost more anyway, because this blockhead would call even if I moved all in on the flop.

It's just one of those times one feels like switching hobbies to ping pong or something... you have an overpair the fish turn trips, you have a full house the fish turns quads... wtf :f_mad:
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      yeah ,poker sometimes sucks.
      you can always take time off, if you feel you´re not playing your best or they just seem to get lucky.
      with kk hand I´d also c-bet the same amount and would put him all-in on the turn.