(Football) King's Cup in Edimburgh

• IggyBloof
      IggyBloof
      Bronze
      Hi guys!

I'm a player of the spanish community and I have a problem. Really not a very important problem... Lie! It's a very serious problem! It's a world class problem dude! I tell you ;)

Next week, on Wednesday, it will be the final match of the King's Cup of Spain. Barcelona vs Real Madrid. Very nice match. My problem is that day I will be in Edimburgh, and I don't know any place where I will be able to watch the match. I don't know the city yet. In spite of it's a very good match, I suppose the event is relatively marginal in Scotland and therefore it will be difficult to find a place where I will be able to watch it...

Can yoy help me? Do you know a place where I will be able to watch the match? I think in a typical spanish Bar/Pub or in a typical football pub...

Thanks a lot :)
  • 3 replies
    • martoman2k10
      martoman2k10
      Bronze
      If the game is on Sky Sports, which I'm assuming as they normally show Spanish football and it is El Classico, it'll be on in most pubs.

Rose street (In between Princess Street and George Street) has like 20 pubs on it haha. My favourite one is The Standing Order, main entrance is on George Street with a back entrance on Rose street.

What are you doing in Edinburgh? :]
    • IggyBloof
      IggyBloof
      Bronze
      Thank you very much for the answer martoman2k10 :)

Checking your answer with my old friend google maps :D I can see that Rose Street is near of Old Town. Is that correct? That would be cool because in Old Town I'll get my hostel. 20 pubs on it always is cool xD

I've checked your info about sky sports here and I've seen sky sports has got the Liga's rights, but not the copa's rights. At least "el clásico" doesn´t appear in the features section. However, sure in that street I'll found a pub who broadcastes the match. I guess :f_biggrin:

About what am I doing in Edimburgh, really nothing yet xD . Next week I will visit to my sister who is studying in Cambridge and on wednesday we'll travel to Edimburgh and we'll try to visit all the interesting things in Scotland renting a car.

PS: I'm sorry for my incorrect english
    • luizsilveira
      luizsilveira
      Bronze
      Hey mate, what's up?

I live in Edinburgh, but I'm quite sorry I'm really into football.

I can tell you about a couple of nice live poker tournaments though, hehe :f_cool:

Well, if the game will be widely broadcasted, there is a pub with a small poker tournament (£6 buy-in) on Wednesday which also has TVs with the football games. How about you combine the two? haha

Other than that, yeah, I think you can't miss much with Rose Street - but that's on New Town. Not far from Old Town though, just a wee walk.

But then again, if you are on Old Town (where exactly) there are a billion pubs all around. A good one is the Southsider, on 20 Nicholson Street.

I'm sorry I wouldn't make you company to watch the match but I'm not really a football fan. Let me know if you want to combine it with poker though, and I'll give you directions and quite likely join you for the fun.

And let me know if you need anything else in the city :f_thumbsup: