[NL2-NL10] NL5 rush folding QQ pre

• acceleration123
      acceleration123
      Gold
      I think this should be fine, since rush preflop AI ranges are tighter than in normal Cash game and the 4betting guy is doing that from SB against me in MP1.

Anyway, my plan was to go broke against BU if I just ended HU against him because he is just shortstack and probably even if he was fullstack and looked kinda regish I´d probably go broke too. (since 3betting from BU in rush is pretty common)

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.02/$0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)

Known players:
      CO:
      $11.10
      BU:
      $1.93
      SB:
      $5.07
      BB:
      $6.32
      UTG1:
      $3.93
      UTG2:
      $2.00
      MP1 (Hero):
      $5.74
      MP2:
      $3.95
      MP3:
      $4.68

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with Q, Q.
      2 folds, Hero raises to $0.20, 3 folds, BU raises to $0.60, SB raises to $5.07, 2 folds, BU calls $1.33(All-In).

Flop: ($7.25) 4, 6, 6 (2 players)

Turn: ($7.25) 4 (2 players)

River: ($7.25) T (2 players)

Final Pot: $7.25.
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello acceleration123,

Definitely, rush is full of nits. :f_biggrin: And more often you made a very good fold there. I don't really see how we can Call it. Good fold!

Best regards.
    • acceleration123
      acceleration123
      Gold
      Ok what about if the BU is full stack and I know he is regular (or I assume at least) and he 3bets me in this situation ? 4bet/broke ?

What about if I was CO and he 3bets ? Then I think it´s very likely 4bet broke. Good regular will actually make 3bets from BU often in that kind of situation.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Ok what about if the BU is full stack and I know he is regular (or I assume at least) and he 3bets me in this situation ? 4bet/broke ?

Not unless we know that he is doing the 3bet very light. I would rather at the best just Call and reevaluate my play postflop.

What about if I was CO and he 3bets ? Then I think it´s very likely 4bet broke. Good regular will actually make 3bets from BU often in that kind of situation.

Yes, then it's more likely from him to expect the 3bet be more lighter than against UTG range. And then we can consider more likely to go broke with the hand. But now again I wouldn't do against some random regular, somehow you as well have to know that he is doing the 3bets light, which is very important fact.