[NL2-NL10] NL10 A7s Cuttof against Button

• acceleration123
      acceleration123
      Silver
      I was pretty tempted to 3bet villain on the flop because what kind of hands does he represents here ? The only set combinations that are likely is 55, 66; TT would be rather an exception. Therefore I think he is often just "testing" me here with air.

However I decided to fold because I didn´t have any reads on villain so far.

Just wanna know if it would be fine to 3bet/fold there ?

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.05/$0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)

Known players:
      UTG2:
      $7.00
      MP1:
      $10.87
      MP2:
      $5.80
      MP3:
      $12.11
      CO (Hero):
      $11.04
      BU:
      $8.51
      SB:
      $13.15
      BB:
      $4.70

Preflop: Hero is CO with 7, A.
      UTG2 posts deadblind, UTG2 checks, 3 folds, Hero raises to $0.50, BU calls $0.50, 3 folds, 2 folds, UTG2 folds.

Flop: ($1.25) 6, 5, T (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.80, BU raises to $1.60, Hero folds, BU gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $2.05.
  • 5 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello acceleration123,

Nah, I wouldn't 3bet-bluff there like ever without having a GS or anything similar and as well good reads. Just Bet/Fold it.

Best regards.
    • acceleration123
      acceleration123
      Silver
      Originally posted by veriz
      Hello acceleration123,

Nah, I wouldn't 3bet-bluff there like ever without having a GS or anything similar and as well good reads. Just Bet/Fold it.

Best regards.
      Ok then. Can you tell me where the problem is with what I posted above ? Is it total nonsense or smth like that ? :D
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by acceleration123
      Hello acceleration123,

Best regards.
      Ok then. Can you tell me where the problem is with what I posted above ? Is it total nonsense or smth like that ? :D
      Yeah, it's likely nonsense as you talking about him having all those kinds of sets which are very likely actually. :D And it's not the only it's like all kind of sets and you even can't have more combinations of sets there. :P
    • acceleration123
      acceleration123
      Silver
      And it's not the only it's like all kind of sets and you even can't have more combinations of sets there. :P
      I tried, but I really don´t understand that sentence :D . Could you please explain it ?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by acceleration123
      And it's not the only it's like all kind of sets and you even can't have more combinations of sets there. :P
      I tried, but I really don´t understand that sentence :D . Could you please explain it ?
      The only set combinations that are likely is 55, 66; TT would be rather an exception.

This sentence from your text. :D "The only", you kinda said like it's not that many sets on boards while all the sets are possible actually from his line. And more often such boards are rather setty board than anything else.