This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] A-Q on the button

• Roya1flush
      Roya1flush
      Bronze
      Hi guys another thing i would like some feed back on..

Playing NL 2/4 on Mansion...

I am on the button with A :spade: Q :spade:

MP1 Raise to $15, MP 2 Called and MP 3 raised to $35 and i decided to muck my hand...

If i am correct then this would be the correct play right because i cannot call with this hand as there is two raises in front of me...

And another thing say if i had the A :spade: K :spade: on this instance would a re raise be the correct play or just a call to see the flop or just simply fold??

Cheers...
  • 4 replies
    • sw0ldo
      sw0ldo
      Bronze
      Id muck the AQ and be tempted to call with the AK.
      Overplaying AK is a big mistake (for me at least)
    • finchybg
      finchybg
      Bronze
      As far as I have seen on poker shows, tight players(for instance Doyle and Barry Greenstein) are insta-fold with AQ after a raise and a reraise. It's just a hand that may get you in a lot of trouble even if you hit an ace or a queen, I guess..

As for AK, to my mind call is the best option, because if you re-raise you will often be pot commited and invest your whole stack - and in the majority of the cases you will be like 50:50, but often - dominated by aces or kings. So I vote for call only.
    • Riverman1984
      Riverman1984
      Basic
      Fold AQ and AK. If you call with MP1 and MP2 are getting great odds and you end up 4 handed with AK or AQ in a reraised pot...
    • Cojack123
      Cojack123
      Black
      Aq is always a fold
      Ak is sometimes right to 4 bet/push in very specific
      situations if both Villains are regular Tags who
      are squeezing and 3 betting a lot.
      But only in short handed games.

At 10 max Tables it is nearly always wrong.