[NL2-NL10] learning a small lesson paying off

• sokoi
      A lesson learned not playing mid pairs in MP's so strong and holy moses it paid off here hitting my 2 outer!
      Any other suggestions or advice how this could have been played differently?

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.01/$0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)

Known players:
      MP1 (Hero):

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with 6, 6.
      CO posts deadblind, UTG1 folds, UTG2 calls $0.02, Hero calls $0.02, 2 folds, CO checks, BU calls $0.02, SB folds, BB checks.

Flop: ($0.12) 6, 8, K (5 players)
      BB checks, UTG2 checks, Hero bets $0.06, CO calls $0.06, BU folds, BB folds, UTG2 calls $0.06.

Turn: ($0.3) 4 (3 players)
      UTG2 checks, Hero bets $0.15, CO calls $0.15, UTG2 calls $0.15.

River: ($0.75) T (3 players)
      UTG2 checks, Hero bets $0.66(All-In), CO calls $0.66, UTG2 folds.

Final Pot: $2.07.
      Results follow:

Hero shows three of a kind, sixes(6 6).
      CO shows two pairs, kings and tens(K T).

Hero wins with three of a kind, sixes(6 6).
  • 4 replies
    • MeanGreen
      Not sure about the limp preflop, there's not much room to setmine with SSS, but there's deadmoney and if your opponents are loose and passive enough it might be ok, but I'm not sure.

Postflop seems fine, you got the money in without overbetting or overpushing, the board is dry so not much protection is needed.

Nh I'd say :)
    • AKM247
      Post flop is cool - though I personally bet bigger when there's more than one opponent involved.

I would definately foregtting limping with pocket 6s from MP1 in future. It's a bit loose imo and I think it's the wrong habit to get into.

Judges pls correct me if you disagree :)

AKM :f_cool:
    • Gerv
      Hey Sokoi,

I definitly fold preflop, if you get raised behind you you always have to fold hence your range is pretty easy to play against!

In an advanced stadium, we can raise this hand preflop if we can handread accordingly, have solid stats on opponents :)

On the Flop I would bet Pot and betting bigger on the Turn results in getting it in relatively quicklier + protecting your hand

Best regards,
    • sokoi
      Thanks guys, your right the limp pf was a tad bit weak. I've been in a rut and it seemed like every PF raise with mid pairs I was getting ReRPF or DB on the flop. I did catch my two outter which saves me in the and in this case i get it shipped. Thanks for the feeback and will head back to the micros to grind it out again.