• 13 replies
    • Targetme
      Targetme
      Bronze
      get bored and do stupid things and learn from it
    • joeldowey123
      joeldowey123
      Silver
      mix it up man, sometimes just call pre with JJ+/AQ+ sometimes if a reg raises, rather than 3bet, shit like that!
    • Leito99
      Leito99
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Targetme
      i like it :D
    • GodlikeRoy
      GodlikeRoy
      Bronze
      Think about what you normally do and what your opponent expects you to do and then do something different.
    • ZeMammuth
      ZeMammuth
      Bronze
      dont be afraid to 4bet 7-2 and start folding aa and kk pre
    • doctorkgb
      doctorkgb
      Bronze
      b/f AA Pf :D
      Then you show it. Nobody will play single hand with you no more. Ever.
    • Shevtshenko
      Shevtshenko
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Targetme
      +1

Seriously. If you're playing micros, this is the way to go for most of you guys.
    • sindeon
      sindeon
      Bronze
      Hi,

maybe you can try to sing a little bit, maybe even painting... I think even dancing is possible, but it´s not recommended. ;)

Cheers,
      Ondra
    • Hahaownedlolz
      Hahaownedlolz
      Bronze
      Originally posted by GodlikeRoy
      Think about what you normally do and what your opponent expects you to do and then do something different.
      Basically it's what Roy says. But i'll explain it a bit more. Let's say you bet flop check turn and bet river again with middle pair. A reg sees it and knows you fire 3 barrels if you had top pair.

So next time you check turn he knows your probably on mid pair at best (maybe draw). So he could bet/reraise to get you to fold the middle pair. What you want to do is then play your top pair like that so he pays you off with a worse hand cause he thought you had a weaker hand. Obviously not such a good example with hand strenghts since there isn't much between beating middle pair that a top pair is always good against (read: only TP better kickers). But i think you get the point.

I recently played a hu sng with fusionpk and we both kept changing up our game to trick eachother.. i'll show you an example..

Here i overbet shove pretty much the nuts. So after that he thought i only did that with the nuts. But obviously that's not true.

Stacks:
      SB hahaownedlolz (1,245)
      BB fusionpk (1,755)

Blinds: 15/30

Pre-Flop: (45, 2 players) hahaownedlolz is SB K:spade: 9:spade:
      hahaownedlolz raises to 60, fusionpk calls 30

Flop: 4:club: Q:diamond: J:spade: (120, 2 players)
      fusionpk checks, hahaownedlolz bets 75, fusionpk calls 75

Turn: 10:club: (270, 2 players)
      fusionpk checks, hahaownedlolz bets 180, fusionpk calls 180

River: 8:spade: (630, 2 players)
      fusionpk checks, hahaownedlolz goes all-in 930, fusionpk says "wp", fusionpk says "why didnt i c/r flop", fusionpk says "ffs", hahaownedlolz says "QJ?", fusionpk says "QT", fusionpk calls 930, fusionpk says "bah nh"

Final Pot: 2,490
      hahaownedlolz shows a straight, Nine to King
      K:spade: 9:spade:
      fusionpk shows two pair, Queens and Tens
      Q:spade: 10:diamond:

hahaownedlolz wins 2,490 (net +1,245)

fusionpk lost 1,245

If he read my blog he'd know i don't overbet shove only the nuts but also bluffs :f_biggrin: He really didn't want to make the call last hand.. when he did he got punished for it badly.. So that's not a mistake he was going to make again. Here he's so overconfident in his read that he laid down his AT (two pair).

Stacks:
      SB hahaownedlolz (1,310)
      BB fusionpk (1,690)

Blinds: 15/30

Pre-Flop: (45, 2 players) hahaownedlolz is SB K:club: 9:club:
      hahaownedlolz raises to 60, fusionpk calls 30

Flop: 5:diamond: A:heart: 10:diamond: (120, 2 players)
      fusionpk checks, hahaownedlolz bets 75, fusionpk calls 75

Turn: 7:spade: (270, 2 players)
      fusionpk checks, hahaownedlolz bets 165, fusionpk calls 165

River: 7:diamond: (600, 2 players)
      fusionpk checks, hahaownedlolz goes all-in 1,010, fusionpk says "yada yada nice flush", fusionpk folds

Final Pot: 1,610
      hahaownedlolz shows a pair of Sevens
      K:club: 9:club:

hahaownedlolz wins 1,610 (net +300)

fusionpk lost 300

This is just an example.. maybe a bit too extreme.. He also owned me pretty hard in some spots. But it's too much effort looking up all the hands :D . I really doubt you'd have to really balance your ranges that much in micro's tbh.. i don't think they pay that much attention.. It could really cost you alot of money vs fish that don't adjust to your game.
    • MarcPS
      MarcPS
      Originally posted by Leito99
      I feel like my game is too standard which I guess is fine against fish but regs can exploit that as its too predictable

any tips on adding creativity to your game?
      what limits are you playing?

If you're playing the micros (read: no real need to balance) then don't be creative, just take standard lines most of the time.

but if you have hands against partic thinking regs you can take none standard lines for sure. Especially against people who are just clicking buttons because they multitabling a lot (10, 12 tables+). Take non-standard lines and mostly they'll just fold because they don't have time to work out what you're doing.
    • nemanjaboo
      nemanjaboo
      Bronze
      As most of the people said, mix it up a little, make scary raises with not so scary cards, slowplay AA, KK pre-flop, try the " i have flush standard play" when you really don't... you will explore your game and learn from it.
    • conall88
      conall88
      Bronze
      try and name as many ways to:

-get value
      -push someone off a hand
      - bluff profitably

in a certain situation as possible. You could probably go really deep by writing the situation down, then systematically doing :

1. what would I do against each major player type? (TAG, LAG,LP,TP)
      2. what lines would be optimal against each? ( do the inverse too, what lines are the worst?)
      3. what lines may not be optimal but have merits in certain situations? ( this may be the "worst" line at times!)
      4. (give reasons to above) try to weigh the reasons vs the disadvantages.

5. if its about bluffing or fold equity, make sure to do the math.

i'm so lazy, but I know if I do something like this it would be good for my game I think.
    • pleno1
      pleno1
      Coach
      Coach
      If you are playing the micros please don't get creative. If you are getting bored go watch a video or something.

Creativity should come in due course, when you move up the limits but adding "creativity" to your game is only going to have a negative impact on your winrate.

Once you get to the midstakes we can start talking about blockers ;)