Tired of getting fisted

• 13 replies
    • ZeusXP
      ZeusXP
      Bronze
      well i had the same problem tonight, when i lost 3 times overall with KK. I was playing short stacked, and generaly tryed to play just the premium hands...maybe more if no raise before me and in late position.
      so...they called me with A6, AT, or something like that, and every time they hit the A on the river, me being all in preflop.

i think i know now my mistake...next time, if I have 5$ (btw i play at 0.15/0.25), i raise/call with KK just half my stack, and if no A on the flop, then go all in... (generaly). so the guy with A9, Ax will generaly fold.

anyway i want to thanks pokerstrategy for that 50$ i recieved 2 days ago. now i have 60:P
    • swissmoumout
      swissmoumout
      Bronze
      Originally posted by ZeusXP
      i think i know now my mistake...next time, if I have 5$ (btw i play at 0.15/0.25), i raise/call with KK just half my stack, and if no A on the flop, then go all in... (generaly). so the guy with A9, Ax will generaly fold.
      You want them to call with Ax against your big pairs! You're a 70% favourite! This strategy works because people will call you with crap :D I know it sucks when you're beat (try 200$+ pots with KK only to see an ugly ace on the river ^^,), but long term you'll win, IF you stick to the guidelines
    • ZeusXP
      ZeusXP
      Bronze
      now..today i must say it was a bad day for poker...many badbeats, even i was very tight... "best" hand was like this: i had like 6$, being in late position with AK. some dude in eraly position raises to 1, a MP call, i raise to 3; UTG dude raise 8 (all in for me, not for him), that MP calls, i go all in, even i dint like it to go all in with 2 players.
      the flop is : 5 7 2 (ops for me)
      the turn is: K (iuhu..)
      but in the end cames a 9.

MP dude shows streight 6 8
      UTG dude shows QQ.
      :(

i now am afraid i will son go bankrupt, having only 25$ from that 50$. anyway i will play SS to the blood, and if it's not working even now...c'est la vie.
    • Dippy19
      Dippy19
      Bronze
      Maybe you should switch to NL10, if they have it where ever you play.
    • ZeusXP
      ZeusXP
      Bronze
      i did..i won almost 10$ back...i'll stick to 0.10 for now.
    • Watto77
      Watto77
      Bronze
      i now am afraid i will son go bankrupt, having only 25$ from that 50$. anyway i will play SS to the blood, and if it's not working even now...c'est la vie.[/quote]Stick with it because I believed I was playing solid SSS poker but It turns out that I had a few leaks in my game and after posting hands and learning I can see where I have been going wrong and the turn around in my BR is amazing.
    • Puschkin81
      Puschkin81
      Bronze
      Originally posted by ZeusXP
      i now am afraid i will son go bankrupt, having only 25$ from that 50$. anyway i will play SS to the blood, and if it's not working even now...c'est la vie.
      I strongly recommend that you reread our strategy articles and watch our coachings and videos. Besides that: You have only 5 posts which means you have never posted a hand in our sample hand boards. This is very important because you get advice from experienced players and our professional hand judges and improve your game a lot.

Good luck at the tables!
      Puschkin81
    • snowylee
      snowylee
      Bronze
      ZeuzXP: Hmm, seem like a bad BRM too? Or did you really go down from $150 to $25????
    • ZeusXP
      ZeusXP
      Bronze
      from 50$ i did get down do 25, but now i told you already: i'm back in buissness; i won yesterday some hanads, and now i have 50 again.

it was a bad brm, i was playing at 0.15/0.25 tables, buying in with 2$ (for that tables i should have 5$... too much for my bankroll.
    • snowylee
      snowylee
      Bronze
      Yeah that was what I meant, about the NL25 part :)
    • Watto77
      Watto77
      Bronze
      Puschkin81 I posted that one a while ago. Would it be reposted because I have gone up a level?

Anyway, I have taken on board all of the instructions and I can see where my mistakes where being made and the effect on my BR has been amazing.

Thanks for your help
    • Puschkin81
      Puschkin81
      Bronze
      You are welcome :)

Btw.: the posts have nothing to do with your status.

Good luck at the tables!
      Puschkin81
    • dejan84
      dejan84
      Bronze
      please feel my pain

KK against 77, we are all-in (i cant understand why would you go all in with sevens) and of course he spikes a 7 on the river
      QQ against 44, -II-
      KK against JT, i get a straight on the turn, and he spikes an extra T on the river.

all this happened in about 30 minutes