UTG ($3.23)
      UTG+1 ($10.31)
      MP1 ($11.21)
      MP2 ($6.41)
      MP3 ($4)
      CO ($28.39)
      Hero ($8.14)

Dealt to Hero K:heart: A:heart:

fold, fold, MP1 raises to $0.35, fold, fold, fold, Hero calls $0.35, SB calls $0.30, fold

FLOP ($1.15) K:club: 3:club: J:heart:

SB checks, MP1 bets $0.65, Hero raises to $1.80, SB folds, MP1 raises to $3.80, Hero calls $2

TURN ($8.75) K:club: 3:club: J:heart: 6:club:

MP1 checks, Hero checks

RIVER ($8.75) K:club: 3:club: J:heart: 6:club: 9:spade:

MP1 checks, Hero checks

Villain stats,

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Hi, :)

I didn't play with fullstake because I play with MSS and doubled up.

On the Flop, I think I should fold the TPTK because not many draw hands in his 3bet range on Flop.
      How to you play this hand?

Thanks. :D
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello JHTAN,

I really like that you take such an advanced play and try to learn the BSS as well and try to understand how they adjust or what could their ranges be. Keep going the good work. :)

About the hand:
      Preflop: The call here is likely fine and as well his PFR is pretty small therefore I would likely put him on some kind of strong range. And when we do 3bet here when we often times just make him worse hands to fold and better hands to continue against we don't get that great equity.
      Postflop: Although on that spot I might even play it passively and just Call for the reason that there aren't that many hands from which we could get value from by raising. I mean of course there are like few draws and maybe KQ but that's all. I would rather play it more passively and maybe even get some value from some smaller PPs on further streets and then decide what my actions going to be than raise it on flop. And as well if you did raise then I would more likely inclined to fold to the 3bet since I don't really see many worse hands raising us this way. Although then again I'd ask why did you even raise? By raising usually we do say that we want to go broke right on flop and why didn't you do it?

Just curious, what did he have? :D

Best regards.
    • JHTAN
      JHTAN
      Bronze
      Thank you for your reply.

I just call the 3bet on Flop because I planned to bluff him off the hand when the Turn or the River is :club: or try to go to showdown cheaply.
      When the :club: fall on the Turn, I suddenly lost my gut to bluff him by trying to represent the flush.
      He had pocket jacks and I guessed it right. This is the reason I give up to bluff him because I doubt he can fold a set. :D

Thanks
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by JHTAN
      Thank you for your reply.

I just call the 3bet on Flop because I planned to bluff him off the hand when the Turn or the River is :club: or try to go to showdown cheaply.
      When the :club: fall on the Turn, I suddenly lost my gut to bluff him by trying to represent the flush.
      He had pocket jacks and I guessed it right. This is the reason I give up to bluff him because I doubt he can fold a set. :D

Thanks
      One good thing in mind is that rather don't try to bluff them. I don't really see anyways him folding the JJ on turn anyways while he picked such a line on flop. In long run you will rather loose money with it.