might give up online poker...

• ajakking789
      ajakking789
      Bronze
      i had some bad beats yesterday and decided to take a break as i was tilting pretty bad. after a nice break i felt ready to play again and was doing ok for about 200 hands and than i kinda just got fed up.
      hand after hand was getting cracked, AA cracked by fish with 8,2, kk cracked by AA, straight cracked by higher straight and so on.
      i knocked off a few of the beats but after about 10 of stupid calls by people i just feel like stopping online poker
  • 5 replies
    • hhpettersen
      hhpettersen
      Bronze
      Thats poker, just have to get used to it:)
    • Airrr83
      Airrr83
      Bronze
      Hey,

Just take a little brake to study more about the game and watch alot of movies and read post+strategy articles. Don`t give up so easy if u enjoy the game.

Best Regards Plami :f_p:
    • clawindsouza
      clawindsouza
      Bronze
      cool see ya next week:)
    • ajakking789
      ajakking789
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Airrr83
      Hey,

Just take a little brake to study more about the game and watch alot of movies and read post+strategy articles. Don`t give up so easy if u enjoy the game.

Best Regards Plami :f_p:
      ya maybe your right, might just take a break for a little bit
    • DocBrown112
      DocBrown112
      Bronze
      Originally posted by ajakking789
      hand after hand was getting cracked, AA cracked by fish with 8,2, kk cracked by AA, straight cracked by higher straight and so on.
      i knocked off a few of the beats but after about 10 of stupid calls by people i just feel like stopping online poker
      Maybe I am picky but take a look at what you are saying:

KK cracked by AA -> that's just poker!
      straight cracked by higher straight -> also just poker!

So I can see you find it annoying to lose with AA against 82 but you should almost be happy that these fish are still around as he will give you all his stack 4 times out of 5.

I know the feeling when you feel you are doing it "right" and lose anyway, but it is still a game where luck plays a big part in any given session, only over a VERY long period will doing it "right" make a significant difference.

When you get this feeling, the best advice is the same as others are saying in this thread - take a break and cool off, don't play until the feeling is gone - something I find it difficult to comply with from time to time myself, but it is still the best advice around. :f_cool:

Another good advice, is to take some of the hands in question and post them in forum, just to make sure you were actually doing it right, maybe, just maybe, you might have a leak in your game. :f_eek: