Hi is here anybody who know how party poker calculate POINTS for MTT LEADERBOARDS ?

On their site there is a special formula , but when I re-calculate points there are still differences. I also contacted party poker support and they confirm that there is some problems...... but investigation is still in progress.......
special formula = √Buy-in/2 + √wins

here is mail comunication

Dear Robert,

Thank you for contacting Customer Service.

We are more than glad to clarify this for you.

Please note, we have checked your account thoroughly and we see that your MTT weekly leader board rank (starting from 04/04/2011 until now) is 32nd with a total of 198 Leader Board Points. However, as per the tournaments that you played on the account, you have earned 170 points.

We understand there is a slight discrepancy and please be assured it has been escalated to our department concerned and it is expected to get sorted before the payout is made.

In case you have further questions, we will be more than happy to assist you. We are available 24/7 by e-mail and phone.

Thank you for choosing us as your online gaming site.

Best regards,

Khatija

Customer Service

Original Message Follows: ------------------------
Hi Veselina,

Sorry if Iam annoying but its still not clear :(

If I will calculate with buy-in's without fee, I got smaller numbers ( 157,22 ) as in the past , so there are still discrepancy between my calculation results and party poker calculation results.

In attach.you can find all my MTTs which I played during actual period ( weekly leaderboards ), also I add excel sheet with corrected formula based on your mail but I still didnt got the same number as party poker shows on leaderboard tables. There is still discrepancy between my results and your results.

Can we calculate the same way ?

Could somebody send me explanation with detailed calculations how this number (198,72) was calculated by party poker ?

In your calculation there must be added forexample coefficient or something similiar becasue your calculations are different as mine.

Maybe players have extra bonus leaderboards points from their status level ? BRONZE koeficient 1,01, SILVER 1,05, GOLD 1,1, PALADIUM = 1,2 ETC....... maybe I dont know....

Many thanx

Robert

2011/4/6 info@partypoker.com <info@partypoker.com>

Dear Robert,

Thank you for contacting Customer Service.

First of all please be informed that the formula is such that it first calculates square root on the buy-in and then divides that number by 2.

Please note that the buy-in does not include the tournament fee. So from a 22 USD tournament for example the system will calculate square root on 20 USD and not on 22 USD (as 2 USD is the tournament fee).

If you wish you may make the calculations having in mind the above said. If you find any discrepancy please get back to us.

In case you have further questions, we will be more than happy to assist you. We are available 24/7 by e-mail and phone.

Thank you for choosing us as your online gaming site.

Best regards,

Veselina G

Customer Service