Mult-platform bankroll management

• luizsilveira
      luizsilveira
      Bronze
      Hey, people.

Just to ask a simple question and learn a bit form the more experienced.

I have bankrolls on 3 platforms now. Of course those BR swing on different directions: sometimes one is going up, the other is going down, etc.

I just wanted to know if to chose you're stakes/games you should consider the sum of your 3 bankrolls as your overall bankroll, or each one as an independent one.

I'm just asking to exchange some ideas and hear some experiences, I don't think I have the skills to move up now anyway...

Cheers! :f_thumbsup:
  • 14 replies
    • Vepof
      Vepof
      Bronze
      Treat each bankroll separately.

If you wanna play a higher limit put em all togheter in a single plataform to reach the 20BI's or 25BI's....

Looks pretty obvious no?
    • Dublimax
      Dublimax
      Bronze
      Doesnt look obvious to me!
      Treat them as a whole and move up and down following you brm suming th br on all platforms.
      I dont see why you should put them all on one platform to play higher limits, doesnt make any diff
    • fusionpk
      fusionpk
      Bronze
      yeah its also nice to have a medium like moneybookers where u can transfer/keep some roll to quickly move around sites, esp if ur like mtt player who has big swings
    • ihufa
      ihufa
      Gold
      Originally posted by Vepof
      Treat each bankroll separately.

If you wanna play a higher limit put em all togheter in a single plataform to reach the 20BI's or 25BI's....

Looks pretty obvious no?
      lol
    • belayd
      belayd
      Global
      Could we have a coach resolve this? I'd like to know the answer from someone with LOTS of experience and authority.
    • alejandrosh
      alejandrosh
      Bronze
      do what I did, have 90% of your bankroll on fulltilt so you get fucked if they freeze cashouts.
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Dublimax
      Doesnt look obvious to me!
      Treat them as a whole and move up and down following you brm suming th br on all platforms.
      I dont see why you should put them all on one platform to play higher limits, doesnt make any diff
      This is what should look like the most obv thing but somehow ppl manage to keep mixing it.
    • fusionpk
      fusionpk
      Bronze
      Originally posted by belayd
      Could we have a coach resolve this? I'd like to know the answer from someone with LOTS of experience and authority.
      sigh
      its not exactly hard, the money could be in your fricken pocket aslong as u have the bankroll somewhere, the whole point in BRM is to stop u going bust, it doesnt matter where u keep ur roll, online or under ur bed who cares? I suggested a reasonable way to be able to move your roll around quickly and also prevent yourself from bustoing individual accounts on different sites etc. would be nice if you actually took notice of my post.. you don't need some coach to explain this to you, u just need to think about it logicically......

combine dublimax post w/ my post and u have ur answer & a solution!
    • PhoenixPhreak
      PhoenixPhreak
      Bronze
      Originally posted by fusionpk
      Originally posted by belayd
      sigh
      its not exactly hard, the money could be in your fricken pocket aslong as u have the bankroll somewhere, the whole point in BRM is to stop u going bust, it doesnt matter where u keep ur roll, online or under ur bed who cares? I suggested a reasonable way to be able to move your roll around quickly and also prevent yourself from bustoing individual accounts on different sites etc. would be nice if you actually took notice of my post.. you don't need some coach to explain this to you, u just need to think about it logicically......

combine dublimax post w/ my post and u have ur answer & a solution!
      This.

But if you can't move money between sites very easily, then you might want to be a bit more cautious with your BRM. BRM is to prevent busting. But choosing limits to play should also reflect your readyness to play a certain level. Basically ask yourself two questions: Are you good enough to beat this level? and Are you rolled enough to overcome variance (with the ability to drop down if your BR drops)?
    • belayd
      belayd
      Global
      The answer from a coach is here:

BRM question for coaches

Basically, your BRM is the money you have across all platforms AS LONG AS YOU CAN MOVE MONEY BETWEEN PLATFORMS EASILY.

My corollary: If it's hard to move money between platforms, then it's hard to cash out, so you're playing on the wrong platforms anyway.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello belayd,

First of all, depends on your tilt factors. Usually people when they have BRM all over the sites you might look at the bankroll and look how it decreases and get more tilted. But while you have bigger and more conservative BR then you don't tilt that easily.

Therefore I'd vote rather keep better bigger bankroll on 1site if you want to play on higher limits.

And as well for example what I am doing, that I have as well on many different sites the money but I still keep almost the same rule, although maybe a bit less BIs but still trying to having the correct BR.

Of course if you have like 100k spare money on MB you can easily play on any limit you want and doesn't matter as long you can easily deposit again into the site with just few secs. But if it will take longer time then rather don't use it.

Hopefully it helps. :D

Best regards.
    • MrMardyBum
      MrMardyBum
      Bronze
      Originally posted by veriz
      Hello belayd,

First of all, depends on your tilt factors. Usually people when they have BRM all over the sites you might look at the bankroll and look how it decreases and get more tilted. But while you have bigger and more conservative BR then you don't tilt that easily.

Therefore I'd vote rather keep better bigger bankroll on 1site if you want to play on higher limits.

And as well for example what I am doing, that I have as well on many different sites the money but I still keep almost the same rule, although maybe a bit less BIs but still trying to having the correct BR.

Of course if you have like 100k spare money on MB you can easily play on any limit you want and doesn't matter as long you can easily deposit again into the site with just few secs. But if it will take longer time then rather don't use it.

Hopefully it helps. :D

Best regards.

Oi, get hand to hand evaluations :P

Who gave you permission to venture out? lol
    • AKM247
      AKM247
      Bronze
      Originally posted by alejandrosh
      do what I did, have 90% of your bankroll on fulltilt so you get fucked if they freeze cashouts.
      lol
    • PxKx
      PxKx
      Bronze
      I've made money on keeping track, and have money, on diffrent sites. I actually can't understand the thing with "changing site". I play where there's a good tourney, where there are added money, etc. I don't care what the pokercompany is named. Do you feel that you should be loyal to a site just because moral reasons? Nothing wrong with having the money spread out on the pokersites.

Tough I agree with thoose here that says that if you want to play at higher stakes, you should keep the money in one place.