Full Tilt isn't so bad after all

• belayd
      belayd
      Global
      I've tried playing Full Tilt with my balance there, and I have to say I'm favorably impressed. The options are wide-ranging and intuitive, the opposition is respectful and not totally donkey, the software is smooth and error-free, and the interface is among the best I've ever seen.

Yes, Full Tilt has the second-worst customer disservice in the universe (after paypal's) and getting a withdrawal is pretty much impossible, but as long as I don't have to deal with the customer lack-of-support and avoid cashing out, just playing there is an enjoyable experience.

Right now I'm concentrating on the $1+.20 SNGs but might try some cash and MTTs later. The automatic re-registration feature makes it just too easy to keep playing the same type of game continuously.
  • 11 replies
    • doctorkgb
      doctorkgb
      Bronze
      All of my cash-outs were smooth as flopped nuts in multi/3bet pots. Not one problem I had.
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      Hi belayd,

Glad to see you enjoying it, look forward to hearing how you get on with those SnG's.

Future withdrawals should go through automatically my friend, it's just the first one that can sometimes cause problems with having to send ID docs etc.

Good luck and enjoy your poker,

Bart
    • belayd
      belayd
      Global
      Hi, Bart, and everyone else who replied,

Thank you for your encouragement. So far I've been taking it easy, single-tabling the $1+.20 STTs. I've played six and have finished first once and third twice so that I actually have a positive ROI.

One thing I've noticed is that Full Tilt seems to host an amazing proportion of suckouts. I've benefitted from quite a number of them by trying to play a LAG style and seeing as many flops as I can. Other players at my tables have also benefitted from suckouts, I'd guess in about 20 to 30% of the played hands.

If anyone has comments I'd appreciate hearing them.
    • StarStrukk
      StarStrukk
      Bronze
      Originally posted by belayd
      Hi, Bart, and everyone else who replied,

Thank you for your encouragement. So far I've been taking it easy, single-tabling the $1+.20 STTs. I've played six and have finished first once and third twice so that I actually have a positive ROI.

One thing I've noticed is that Full Tilt seems to host an amazing proportion of suckouts. I've benefitted from quite a number of them by trying to play a LAG style and seeing as many flops as I can. Other players at my tables have also benefitted from suckouts, I'd guess in about 20 to 30% of the played hands.

If anyone has comments I'd appreciate hearing them.
      It's just variation, AA wins against for example 66 only 4 times out of 5, AA wins against 72o 9 times out of 10, so there's always a possiblity you lose the hand, that what makes the game fun for the fish and them coming back and eventualy donking all their money to you...

The more you play, the more situations like this you will see.. And they seem to be happening alot because they are the most remembable situations...

As for the cashing out, I think it depends, I seem to have been lucky because I haven't been asked for an ID from Unibet, Pokerstrategy, Full Tilt and so forth.. And in the beginning my withrawals might have seemed shady because I was withrawing to different accounts I deposited etc.. Now I have a VISA card because I'm a university student and I can use my bank card as a credit card with the funds I have on it.. I doubt they will ask me for anything because I'm depositing and withrawing to the same account with the same info I registered with and they have no reason to belive I'm lying about my identity. :]
    • tokyoaces
      tokyoaces
      Bronze
      Not true ... I lost with AA three times today, but when I check my database I'm still winning with them more than their preflop equity. Just check your PokerTracker stats I'm sure you'll find the same.
    • Navrark
      Navrark
      Bronze
      I've tried playing Full Tilt with my balance there, and I have to say I'm favorably impressed. The options are wide-ranging and intuitive, the opposition is respectful and not totally donkey, the software is smooth and error-free, and the interface is among the best I've ever seen.

Yes, Full Tilt has the second-worst customer disservice in the universe (after paypal's) and getting a withdrawal is pretty much impossible, but as long as I don't have to deal with the customer lack-of-support and avoid cashing out, just playing there is an enjoyable experience.

Right now I'm concentrating on the $1+.20 SNGs but might try some cash and MTTs later. The automatic re-registration feature makes it just too easy to keep playing the same type of game continuously.
      Full Tilt is awesome. Though I think as you move up the stakes you may not be so happy to face so many Regs.

I think Regs should avoid the auto-registration feature. I think Regs should always join an empty game and not all pile into the same game. But obviously other people don't feel the same despite destroying their ROI in the process.
    • belayd
      belayd
      Global
      Originally posted by Navrark
      I think Regs should avoid the auto-registration feature. I think Regs should always join an empty game and not all pile into the same game. But obviously other people don't feel the same despite destroying their ROI in the process.
      Thanks for the tip. :)
    • MarcPS
      MarcPS
      Hey belayd,

Glad to hear you're enjoying Full Tilt Poker!

As a short side note, if you're able to grind your way to Black Card status then I've heard (from Pleno1, no less) that the support is epic.

Good luck with the grind!

Best,

Marc
      :spade: :heart: :diamond: :club:
    • thazar
      thazar
      Bronze
      Originally posted by MarcPS
      Hey belayd,

Glad to hear you're enjoying Full Tilt Poker!

As a short side note, if you're able to grind your way to Black Card status then I've heard (from Pleno1, no less) that the support is epic.

Good luck with the grind!

Best,

Marc
      :spade: :heart: :diamond: :club:
      confirmed about the Blackcard support

it's niiiice :s_cool:

Regards

Thazar
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      =) great!
    • Navrark
      Navrark
      Bronze
      Suddenly Full Tilt isn't so great anymore... :s_cry: Seems like it went from the top to the bottom overnight...