[NL2-NL10] Multiple MSS mysterys!

• foulkezboyz
      foulkezboyz
      Bronze
      These two hands are Free plays where i hit on the turn/river for two pair/flush but both times fail to extract any value.

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $0.8
      MP2:
      $1.34

0.01/0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant.Base 0.99 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q:club: , T:heart:
      2 folds, MP2 calls $0.02, 4 folds, Hero checks.

Flop: ($0.05) A:club: , K:spade: , 4:heart: (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP2 checks.

Turn: ($0.05) T:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP2 checks.

River: ($0.05) Q:heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.12, MP2 folds, Hero gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $0.05

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      SB:
      $1.41
      Hero:
      $0.8

0.01/0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (7 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant.Base 0.99 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q:heart: , 4:diamond:
      5 folds, SB calls $0.01, Hero checks.

Flop: ($0.04) K:diamond: , 6:diamond: , 5:diamond: (2 players)
      SB bets $0.02, Hero calls $0.02.

Turn: ($0.08) 8:diamond: (2 players)
      SB bets $0.04, Hero raises to $0.16, SB folds, Hero gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $0.16

I realise in this hand i shouldnt be at the table as it is 7 handed but regardless id like to understand how to extract more value from these 2 hands.
  • 2 replies
    • burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      Hey foulkezboyz,

Welcome to the SSS/MSS part of the forum.

I would kindly ask you to stick to the one hand per thread rule in the future for better overview over the posted hands.

You really hit your 2-pair on the river, but you also have to be careful because your 2-pair is not quite that strong as any J makes a straight on this board. You could just bet like 0.03$ to get called by some Ax or Kx that would try to catch a bluff. Another thing if you overbet to like 0.12$ you limit yourself to only getting called by very strong hands, so try to not bet more than potsize.

Here again, you hit the flush on the river, but your one card flush is very low with 4 :diamond: and every other :diamond: except for 2 :diamond: or 3 :diamond: will make a better flush than yours, so you can't really raise the river for value. Just call his donkbet to catch some bluffs.

And as general sometimes it's hard to extract value because in order to get paid off also your opponent needs to have a decent hand as noone pays off with air.

Best regards,
      burek2000
    • foulkezboyz
      foulkezboyz
      Bronze
      thanks ill keep all that in mind. and play accordingly :)