[NL2-NL10] NL5 Rush, Looking at villains line.

• DaPhunk
      DaPhunk
      Bronze
      Hi, This hand is showing you the cards of a villain I played earlier. Apart from the preflop call I was wondering what other people made of his situation. Seems very tricky if you ask me, which is why I'm interested in it.

This kind of hand is one example of how nasty position is imo :p

Full Tilt Poker $5.00 No Limit Hold'em - 9 players
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

Villain (BB): $6.24
      UTG: $24.68
      UTG+1: $5.00
      UTG+2: $7.34
      MP1: $5.00
      MP2: $5.74
      CO: $9.92
      BTN: $9.95
      SB: $2.39

Pre Flop: ($0.07) Villain is BB with 8 :heart: J :heart:
      5 folds, CO raises to $0.15, 2 folds, Villain calls $0.10

Flop: ($0.32) Q :diamond: 8 :diamond: 6 :club: (2 players)
      BB checks, CO bets $0.20, Villain calls $0.20

Turn: ($0.72) J :club: (2 players)
      BB checks, CO bets $0.50, Villain raises to $1.25, CO calls $0.75

River: ($3.22) 7 :spade: (2 players)
      Villain bets $2.20, CO raises to $5.34, Villain calls $2.44 all in
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello DaPhunk,

Didn't understand which view should I take the villain hand or the hand which I see here?

If I am taking a look at the J8s hand then I don't like the shove at all on river without any good reason. I would at the best just Call, since I just don't see from what we get value there. A lot better 2pairs are possible, straights are possible and of course sets are as well possible.

Best regards.
    • DaPhunk
      DaPhunk
      Bronze
      I changed the HH and got rid of the word "Hero". It now shows you Villains Hand J8hh and we need to look at the and from his position.

In other word he plays Call pre, C/C flop, C/R turn, Bet/Call River. I think he overplays his hand but imagining I made the preflop call, I'm not sure what I would do in his position postflop. Seems a tricky spot to be in imo.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by DaPhunk
      I changed the HH and got rid of the word "Hero". It now shows you Villains Hand J8hh and we need to look at the and from his position.

In other word he plays Call pre, C/C flop, C/R turn, Bet/Call River. I think he overplays his hand but imagining I made the preflop call, I'm not sure what I would do in his position postflop. Seems a tricky spot to be in imo.
      Preflop: Yeah, calling preflop is pretty horrible actually with such a hand without any good postflop plan. And as well we will be OOP.

As played
      Flop: But as he played I might just fold it right on flop on such a board or depending on the opponent. Don't really like the Call but I am no surprised when he Called such a hand preflop then he likely is going to continue here as well. Seems to be somewhat loose player.
      Turn: He can't really hit any better and likely I understand it. He beats overpairs/top pairs and maybe even draws. And therefore the Check/Raise is doable.
      River: Although I would bet it like $2 and without any good reason I don't like the Call after we get shipped. We don't beat much anymore anyways.