I hate my life

• Berzerger
      Berzerger
      Bronze
      Lost 600 euro in three days. Every time I had queens, someone got kings and beat me. Every time I got kings, someone got aces. Every time I got trips, someone got a full house. Every time I had something worth putting my stack in the middle with, someone else had something better. And it just kept going and going and going and going, and when I thought this bullshit could not possibly continue for even one more hand, it kept going and going and going and going. The last hand I played, I flopped top two, and my opponent hit a set. Just like every single other time, I just lost. I'm moving down to NL10, but I still can't believe this incomprehensible retarded bullshit that I hoped never to encounter ever again. Surely enough, the next time I start my poker client it will simply continue. 30 fucking stacks gone for nothing...
  • 26 replies
    • MatejM47
      MatejM47
      Black
      Same shit has been happening to me this month. Every 3 days it seems im destined to lose 15 stacks in 3k hands. This game can be so sick sometimes.
    • Nikiforos86
      Nikiforos86
      Basic
      X2
    • Berzerger
      Berzerger
      Bronze
      Glad to know I'm not the only one. Don't get me wrong, I'm not happy that this circus show has been happening to you guys as well, it's just comforting to realize the bad luck doesn't solely revolve around my head. I'll watch and internalize a few videos in hope that I can improve my game and mindset enough to try turning this around.
    • smile101
      smile101
      Bronze
      Crap that sux, but my advice is that wou should have a loss limit ? :-s But i gues downswings hit us all ! !
    • Biggles87
      Biggles87
      Bronze
      Had this shit all week.

I do have a stop loss. 3 Buy-ins. Doesn't stop fish calling my bet on the flop with their pocket pair and 3 over-cards on the flop, to end up with quads on the river.

I have heard of the mythical upswing, but have yet to see it.
      Fish/donks keep hitting their shit. Where are the poker gods they should be punishing them for playing appalling hands but no they seem to be rewarding them. Must be a trial of some-sort. I will succeed!!! I must!!!!
    • Hahaownedlolz
      Hahaownedlolz
      Bronze
      I went through same thing recently. I had never ran that bad as i did a few weeks ago. And lost a large percentage of my bankroll. Now that it's over i realise i have just quit earlier and not keep playing when i was clearly not playing even close to my A game. I just kept opening up those hu sng thinking.. "Come on.. i can't possibly keep running this bad right? It's all in my head.. I'm just as likely to suck out now as they are" Just for them to put a nasty bad beat on me again.

While i was definitely playing good enough to win at my stakes even not playing close to my best. I realised i lost a lot more then i should have now because i was so stubborn trying to grind it out. Instead of taking more breaks and opening the next session with a positive mind again. Even when i was calm and playing my A game at the start.. It took just a few bad beats to make me tilt like a monkey again and spew away another hu sng.

It might not be the same in your case. But it does sound like you weren't playing your A game. And with a mindset of "I'll just get a bad beat again" you very likely aren't. And when that bad beat does come that wouldn't even affect you in your normal mindset then your likely to tilt.

Personally i think a stoploss is a good thing to help you quit in time. Next time it happens i will not try to keep grinding it out and make excuses to myself to keep playing..
    • Yoshimitsu77
      Yoshimitsu77
      Bronze
      my whole lifes a downswing
    • purplefizz
      purplefizz
      Bronze
      weller: at least you can dodge bullets

berzerger: sigh, yea we've all been there. sucks soo hard
    • z1pz0r
      z1pz0r
      Bronze

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Beat that.

I had a nice upswing last month, this month is just horrible. Tilted away about 4, 5 stacks, the rest comes from setups and probably my tilted play too.
    • StaticMoth
      StaticMoth
      Silver
      Also having my biggest losing/shittiest month ever.
    • roopopper
      roopopper
      Bronze
      Its the downswings in poker and in life that help us to learn :P
      I only seem to learn anything when im losing!!! at the moment I'm learning a lot lol :P

Roo
    • StaticMoth
      StaticMoth
      Silver
      Originally posted by roopopper
      I only seem to learn anything when im losing!!! at the moment I'm learning a lot lol :P

Roo
      Yes, I've also learned a shitload ... Now I'd jsut like my moniez pls - otherwise I'll jsut starve to death
    • roopopper
      roopopper
      Bronze
      Originally posted by StaticMoth

Roo
      Yes, I've also learned a shitload ... Now I'd jsut like my moniez pls - otherwise I'll jsut starve to death
      playing with your rent and food money is never the best plan dude!!! lol :P
    • StaticMoth
      StaticMoth
      Silver
      Originally posted by StaticMoth

Roo
      playing with your rent and food money is never the best plan dude!!! lol :P
      Well, it's not like I deposited my food money :D
      It's the other way around ...

All I've ever had is my bankroll that I grinded up from nothing ...
      And the money that I have/earn depends purely on how I do on a given month ...

There isn't a job out there that would ever interest me, so I would rather die than get a shitty job.

So, that's that ... I have no other income :tongue:
    • roopopper
      roopopper
      Bronze
      I would rather get a shitty job than die!!! :P
    • StaticMoth
      StaticMoth
      Silver
      I would rather get a shitty job than die!!! :P
      Yes, most ppl would ... that's why they do work jobs/bosses they hate ...
      Not me (un)fortunately :tongue:
    • z1pz0r
      z1pz0r
      Bronze
      @Static, you just made me feel a bit better :)
    • StaticMoth
      StaticMoth
      Silver
      Originally posted by z1pz0r
      @Static, you just made me feel a bit better :)
      Glad to hear this shit has something positive to provide :tongue:
    • roopopper
      roopopper
      Bronze
      dude its about what keeps the wolves from the door!!! I play poker for 80 cent games and I love it with all my heart but my real job takes me way higher!!
      most poker players are way above average intelligence ,you will make sure the money keeps moving to your roll !! lol

:P