Rake from split pots

• LkyLeprechaun865
      LkyLeprechaun865
      Bronze
      I just noticed that poker rooms take a rake even when the pot gets split. So you wouldnt get back all your money when you and another player has the same hand, the house still takes its cut from you.
      I dont see how this makes sence, you did not win any money, you are getting your half back, therefor there should not be a rake is how i see it.
      So instead of getting back your money as i always thought so far and you deal with it as a nothing won nothing lost situation, the house actually took 5% of your money.
      What do you all think, did you all know about this?

Example:

*** SUMMARY ***
      Total pot $9.75 | Rake $0.45
      Board [Js Jc 5s 7c 9s]
      Seat 1: Brikwa11 showed [Kh Jh] and won ($4.65) with three of a kind, Jacks
      Seat 2: FishBot (button) folded before Flop (didn't bet)
      Seat 3: Maxiso (small blind) folded on the Turn
      Seat 4: Shishio13 (big blind) folded on the Turn
      Seat 5: PabloRegula folded on the River
      Seat 6: Rudberg9 folded before Flop (didn't bet)
      Seat 8: swytersoft folded before Flop (didn't bet)
      Seat 9: ratzomat showed [Jd Ks] and won ($4.65) with three of a kind, Jacks
  • 12 replies
    • thunderbird56
      thunderbird56
      Bronze
      As long as you come to the showdown, they take rake ;)

Good luck at the tables!
      -thunderbird56-
    • LkyLeprechaun865
      LkyLeprechaun865
      Bronze
      That seems to be the general rake rule, but this is a rule i dont agree on. What are you paying the poker site for in this hand?
      If you sell your house through a real estate broker and then the deal doesnt go through, the broker doesnt still take his % commission.

Hire a lawyer, dont win your case and the lawyer doesnt get the % of the money you would have gotten had you won the case.
    • Dippy19
      Dippy19
      Bronze
      Actually if you hire a lawyer and you don't win you have to pay the costs of the entire prosedure. :)
    • LkyLeprechaun865
      LkyLeprechaun865
      Bronze
      not where i live, but i know that its like that in US. Still, you get what i mean right?
    • thunderbird56
      thunderbird56
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Dippy19
      Actually if you hire a lawyer and you don't win you have to pay the costs of the entire prosedure. :)
      Yes, you still have to pay the lawyer fee even if you lose. And if you want to sell your house through a real estate broker, you still have to pay for their introducing you to the buyer. :D

Good luck at the tables!
      -thunderbird56-
    • SonicXT
      SonicXT
      Bronze
      Yea, I hate those, but rake's pretty sick overall.
      No way their services are worth 1000 $ per month...
    • LkyLeprechaun865
      LkyLeprechaun865
      Bronze
      Originally posted by thunderbird56
      Originally posted by Dippy19
      Yes, you still have to pay the lawyer fee even if you lose. And if you want to sell your house through a real estate broker, you still have to pay for their introducing you to the buyer. :D

Good luck at the tables!
      -thunderbird56-
      sure theres a lawyer fee but they dont get cut if you dont win. if you dont sell house there arent any fees
    • Dippy19
      Dippy19
      Bronze
      Yeah, lawyers, poker rooms and real estate agents are money sucking bastards... That's why I'm studying to be a lawyer :D

Anyway I understood what you ment, it's unfair, but we'll all just have to deal with it... Or open a rake free non-profit poker room ourselfs :D
    • LkyLeprechaun865
      LkyLeprechaun865
      Bronze
      So why arent there cheaper poker sites? Make it 3% rake and youll get so many players. Any will hardly need to advertise once word gets out it a safe room
    • swissmoumout
      swissmoumout
      Bronze
      You'll get the good players looking for cheap play there, but what brings the majority of players is just marketing. Stars and FT have tons of sponsored players and events etc, party spams lots of websites with their crappy ads etc :D
      At least you can comfort yourself in knowing that you can get rakeback bonuses like the one for full tilt, here
    • logitechzen
      logitechzen
      Bronze
      LkyLeprechaun865, there are acutally poker sites with no rake basicly.There's 100% rakeback they pay you back all the rake at the end of the month.
    • SonicXT
      SonicXT
      Bronze
      The problem is that those sites have too little money to spend on advertising and only really make profit off interests. As a consequence, they don't attract fishes who don't care about rake but just go to the most advertised rooms and the rakeback doesn't make up for the lower winrate due to lack of fishes.