This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] JQo nl5 MSS

• scriptacle
      scriptacle
      Bronze
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.02/$0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Known players:
      CO (Hero):
      $2.86
      BU:
      $2.95
      SB:
      $2.02
      BB:
      $8.81
      MP2:
      $1.60
      MP3:
      $0.72

Preflop: Hero is CO with J, Q.
      2 folds, Hero raises to $0.20, 2 folds, BB calls $0.15.

Flop: ($0.42) 2, K, Q (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.28, BB raises to $0.75, Hero calls $0.47.

Turn: ($1.92) Q (2 players)
      BB bets $0.50, Hero raises to $1.91(All-In), BB folds, Hero gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $2.42.

Stats: BB is a regular multitabler(8 or 12) sample is 300+ hands VPIP 13/ PFR 9/ agg 1,5 / cbet 89

My image was very tight on this table 7/3 or smth over 60-70 hands, a bit card dead there and a bit tilted about it, but it was the last orbit for my session and I decided to raise.

The play on the turn, was it wrong to shove? I mean pot was already larger than stack size and he seemed willing to bet. I thought I may still get calls from AA, maybe AK.
  • 5 replies
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Hi scriptacle,

The Flopplay is more interesting than the Turnplay because What is your reason for calling his c/R with middlepair and a backdoorflushdraw?

on the Turn you hit trips so shoving on his bet is ofcourse the best play

Best regards,
      Gerv
    • scriptacle
      scriptacle
      Bronze
      Well I can't say it was an entirely reasonable call, .47 for 1.35 pot, but he had passive turn stats and very active flop. So after R/C I was hoping to pick smth on the turn, a J or some draws and see a cheap river. I was sure I was behind, I don't think he was check/raising there with anything less that AK/AA, I don't think KJ is in his range.
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      how many outs do you have? What are the pot odds for hitting it?
    • scriptacle
      scriptacle
      Bronze
      Well 5 outs if he has AA/AK But on the flop his range isn't really AA/AK he can have KQ, KK, QQ and I could very well be drawing dead. So pretty long odds.
    • marlonmlk
      marlonmlk
      Bronze
      If you had a tight image on the board he could put you on AQ, so probably he called with KTs or KJs, I guess with A9+ he would re-raise. Or he thought you was just trying to just steal the blinds, I dunno if you did steal the blinds alot or not, but if you do, he could put you in a lower range, like A5s-A9s, and called the 3bb raise and tried to steal the pot on flop.

As you can see there's some scary cards on board plus flush draw, a pretty easy spot to steal the pot.