$2.02
      BB:
      $8.81
      MP2:
      $1.60
      MP3:
      $0.72

Preflop: Hero is CO with J, Q.
      2 folds, Hero raises to $0.20, 2 folds, BB calls $0.15.

Flop: ($0.42) 2, K, Q (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.28, BB raises to $0.75, Hero calls $0.47.

Turn: ($1.92) Q (2 players)
      BB bets $0.50, Hero raises to $1.91(All-In), BB folds, Hero gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $2.42.

Stats: BB is a regular multitabler(8 or 12) sample is 300+ hands VPIP 13/ PFR 9/ agg 1,5 / cbet 89

My image was very tight on this table 7/3 or smth over 60-70 hands, a bit card dead there and a bit tilted about it, but it was the last orbit for my session and I decided to raise.

The play on the turn, was it wrong to shove? I mean pot was already larger than stack size and he seemed willing to bet. I thought I may still get calls from AA, maybe AK.
  • 5 replies
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Hi scriptacle,

The Flopplay is more interesting than the Turnplay because What is your reason for calling his c/R with middlepair and a backdoorflushdraw?

on the Turn you hit trips so shoving on his bet is ofcourse the best play

Best regards,
      Gerv
    • scriptacle
      scriptacle
      Bronze
      Well I can't say it was an entirely reasonable call, .47 for 1.35 pot, but he had passive turn stats and very active flop. So after R/C I was hoping to pick smth on the turn, a J or some draws and see a cheap river. I was sure I was behind, I don't think he was check/raising there with anything less that AK/AA, I don't think KJ is in his range.
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      how many outs do you have? What are the pot odds for hitting it?
    • scriptacle
      scriptacle
      Bronze
      Well 5 outs if he has AA/AK But on the flop his range isn't really AA/AK he can have KQ, KK, QQ and I could very well be drawing dead. So pretty long odds.
    • marlonmlk
      marlonmlk
      Bronze
      If you had a tight image on the board he could put you on AQ, so probably he called with KTs or KJs, I guess with A9+ he would re-raise. Or he thought you was just trying to just steal the blinds, I dunno if you did steal the blinds alot or not, but if you do, he could put you in a lower range, like A5s-A9s, and called the 3bb raise and tried to steal the pot on flop.

As you can see there's some scary cards on board plus flush draw, a pretty easy spot to steal the pot.