How to understand stats?

• jebozid
      jebozid
      Bronze
      Hi, I was wondering if there is a guide or something which would make me understand the stats better. Something like: what is an average TAG's VP$IP, what should be your button open raise percentage, is 33% folding to a c-bet OK, and many others.
      I realize there are quite a lot of stats, and I don't know yet what some of them even mean, but it would be helpful to know what ranges for a certain stat should a winning player be striving to or expect, so he could say "hey, that percentage is way high, I should do this and that to lower it and by doing that improve game".
      Now, I'm not looking for a magic formula for the lazy, but I'm a bit lost right now, so any pointers would be awesome, especially those aimed at the people who are still fresh in this area but eager to learn.

Cheers!
  • 3 replies
    • breena
      breena
      Bronze
      Hey this should help, also just keep an eye on your overall statts and obviouslly you know how you play and kind of judge by that.

Also putting preflop percentages into pokerstove can give you a rough idea of ranges.

Depends what game you are playing as well I am guessing cash but SH or FR?

http://www.myholdempokertips.com/hud-stats-vpip
    • jebozid
      jebozid
      Bronze
      Thank you, I'm checking it out. Is it normal to lose money at the tables at first and just blame the HUD which distracts me from playing perfectly? :s_biggrin:
    • breena
      breena
      Bronze
      Originally posted by jebozid
      Thank you, I'm checking it out. Is it normal to lose money at the tables at first and just blame the HUD which distracts me from playing perfectly? :s_biggrin:
      If your still getting used to the HUD just keep your table numbers down till you do get used to it or play at Cake without it.

its kind of not very helpfull untill you get a bigger sample size anyways so at first you are just looking for players that are playing alot or pots. Try to iscolate these guys gl