MSS vs flush draws. Bet, bet, flush completes, hero?

• BadeaCelRau
      BadeaCelRau
      Bronze
      This has been bugging me since I ever started playing MSS.

I play only against calling stations and I have a hard time putting my last chips in the following scenario. Let's say I'm OOP, I got TPTK or an overpair and the flop includes a flush draw. I bet 2/3 or 3/4 and villain calls. I bet again and villain calls. River complets the flush and I'm first to act...

Normally in BSS this would be another big bet/fold. In SSS we're not playing river. In MSS I'm left with few chips and I'm always commited. I assume it's a bet (allin) and it makes sense since we didn't gave him proper odds to call and on the river he isn't getting back enough money, enough times to cover for the improper odds, right?

However I'm losing a ton of pots this way. Basically 80% of pots that include a flush draw are continued by flush draw chaser. And they're so crazy, will call any bets just to see all cards. For example, yesterday I felt a guy was chasing a flushdraw when I had a set, river brought him the flush (or so I was suspecting) and me a fullhouse and he called a 1.3$ bet into a 0.3$ pot.

Also, what happens when TURN brings a flush card and I'm OOP? Bet turn? What on river? If he made a flush he won't raise it on turn but will probably bet if I just check.
  • 3 replies
    • foulkezboyz
      foulkezboyz
      Bronze
      well if your raising all three streets youve probably at some point bet more than half your stack, if this is the case i believe all in with one of the aforementioned bets was the correct decision.

But i believe there may be situations where the pot was small and you didnt.

for example if you sit in SB and throw out a raise of 3bb BB calls and you have a pot of 6 BB, you raise 50% on the flop he calls, 12bb pot, you raise 50% of pot again to take you from a 34BB stack to a 28, he calls. the river comes and you have 28BB.
      This changes depending on the limpers preflop, and this is the smallest a pot could be when going into the river in this situation.

MSS basic says you bet/raise with your overpair/TPTK here, i guess without stats or a read this would be the correct move, considering he is a calling station by your accounts.
    • BadeaCelRau
      BadeaCelRau
      Bronze
      This is what usually happens :

Bet 3BB, get 1 call, pot is 7.5bb on flop.
      We see flop (and the flop is something like Qs8s4x) and I have TPTK. I bet 5BB, he calls.
      Pot on turn is 17.5bb. I bet again 10BB,he calls.
      Pot on river is 37.5bb. Another s card complets the flush and I have 22b left. What do I do now? I think I bet and go allin.

If he had a flush draw he calls and I lose 40bb. If he didn't, he folds. So on average I get 3+5+10=18bb 4 in 5 times he doesn't complete his flush. That's 4x18=72bb; And 1 times I lose 40bb. 72-40=32bb on average, right?

I could even bet 11bb on turn, to win more on average.

Sorry for asking this but the charts for postflop play are too general
    • foulkezboyz
      foulkezboyz
      Bronze
      i have no idea in that case, please put an example hand in or if an evaluator posts here that would be awesome, thanks for the puzzling knowlege busters.

:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: