MSSers of the world UNITE! MSS Study group.

• foulkezboyz
      foulkezboyz
      Bronze
      I still feel uber new here but there isnt one of these yet and i think setting up one is never going to be bad, i also don't think that tryhardnoob is good enough at headsup to hang with me.

Basically for all you out there unawares of what a study group would do heres a little(slightly larger than expected) list:
      :heart: Study(hah i bet this one is a shock to a lot of you)
      :heart: Discuss hands and different lines of play
      :heart: Sweat sessions.
      :heart: Help motivate each other when we are slowing down our grind rates(speaking of which i need to be grinding right now)
      :heart: Help each other when we close to tilting
      :heart: Be general buddy's(What kind of douche doesn't want buddies)
      :heart: Help extend your poker family, cos in a game where we sit at our computer. who doesnt need more people to talk to, come to us with your poker problems.
      :heart: HU4ROLLZ?
      :heart: Any general poker help at all.

Thats basically all the amazing things a study group will do for you.

The idea behind this and why i think us MSSers especially need a study group is the lack of external learning material, we have 3 articles and like 9 videos total, and alot of those videos are gold+, for the beginner in poker gold is a seeerious amount of work to get, especially with no support.

But Gold and above is where we should be aiming, and with the help of a support group i think alot of us can get there.

What do i need to join this amazing elite group?
      :spade: Motivation/Activity(You gotta want it, you gotta participate, you gotta be a big PLAYYYAAAAA)
      :spade: Play the MSS!
      :spade: Be friendly.
      :spade: Be willing to take constructive criticism.(This is very important, if noone is willing to be told that there doing something wrong then we will be wasting our time being ignorant fools/ :f_cry: 's)
      :spade: Have a skype account and a mic(webcam is plus so is msn, a vagina is a bigger plus :s_cool: )
      :spade: Not be a mongoloid :s_evil:

What makes me the person to lead this club?
      :club: I think im someone who will be heavily active apart from when exams roll around but after that 3 week stint i have a 12 or so week break in which i intend to go for black card :P
      :club: I'm a pretty friendly guy who likes discussion and is inquisitive about stuff.
      :club: I'm at my computer all evening feeling lonely so im always up for talking(This one is just depressin.)
      :club: Although still very inexperienced with only 5k play that all comes in the last week or so. Not bad for a lil noobie.
      :club: I'm the only candiate thus far :f_cool: I'd happily give leadership to someone more experienced who will help the rest of improve.

Player list
      Pokerstrategy name(Skype name)(Location)
      :diamond: Foulkezboyz(loquenahak)(UK)
      :diamond: AKM247(antonio.k.moreno)(Gibraltar)
      :diamond: antstruk(nameis.)(Canada)
      :diamond: BadeaCelRau(BadeaCelRau)(Romania)
      :diamond: M1rCea(neutrynoz)(Romania)
      :diamond: tryhardnoob(tinker_to_hon)(Sweden)
      :diamond: Wampa76(wampa76)
      :diamond: pukegou(Pukegou)(Malaysia)
      :diamond: roopopper(N/A)(N/A)
      :diamond: DNAwithin(no skype yet)

Meeting Schedule
      :spade: Sunday/tuesday/thursday 7GMT-8GMT

MSS UNITE!
  • 64 replies
    • antstruk
      antstruk
      Bronze
      Im in :)
    • AKM247
      AKM247
      Bronze
      All-in! :f_cool:

email: akm247@gmail.com
      I'll add you on skype if you leave your username :)

Not sure there's a need for a leader as such though I give you full credit for taking initiative :D

Great idea let's try and get this thing rolling.

In other news, I have decided that I wanted to grow my hair, so I am going to make a deal with myself NOT to cut it until I have accomplished some goals and targets playing poker. . . . the question is how realistic should I set these targets. . . any suggestions? (like not until BR is 4 or 5 figures or something like this) That would give me a longgggggggggggg time to grow it :D
    • DNAwithin
      DNAwithin
      Bronze
      This sounds somewhat promising. I play NL50 with ~30BBs at FTP. That's somwhere in between SSS and MSS, but closer to MSS, right? I am here to study and I hope that some ppl at my limit join the study grp, cuz I would love to increase my winrate! :)

Added to favorites. I hope we can get the ball rolin'!
    • AKM247
      AKM247
      Bronze
      ps. I have sent friends adds to all so we can send msgs if need be :)
    • foulkezboyz
      foulkezboyz
      Bronze
      All very well all'yall posting but i need skype names and such to get this thing up and running.

if you dont want them public then message me i added you all.
    • BadeaCelRau
      BadeaCelRau
      Bronze
      I'm playing NL10 MSS and struggling to learn MSS SH at NL4 (dropped a limit for learning and I will advance when I achieve a crushing winrate since there's basically little difference where I play between NL4, NL10 and NL25).

Post here or pm me when we're ready to start.
    • foulkezboyz
      foulkezboyz
      Bronze
      Thanks for the responses and interest ive got you all in my skype and i'm willing to sweat, talk poker, or anything.

I got mikogo and teamviewer.

so im sure we will be up in the next day or so!
    • antstruk
      antstruk
      Bronze
      Skype name: nameis. <<<<dont forget the period
    • foulkezboyz
      foulkezboyz
      Bronze
      Right i guess ill start up group activity's.

At 8 o clock GMT i will be Mikogoing and hopefully someone will be around to sweat me for however long people want to do it, after that i will sweat you if you want that, and if we have more than 2 we can all pair up and have good times.
    • foulkezboyz
      foulkezboyz
      Bronze
      am willing to change the above time around from anthing from like 7:30 to like 12GMT of course.
      Whatever helps us out the most.
    • foulkezboyz
      foulkezboyz
      Bronze
      had antstruk show up tonight but couldn't sweat for lack of mic, i'm literally around 24/7 for the next week...skype me anytime day/night.
    • roopopper
      roopopper
      Bronze
      ok have had a few beers tonight( have a 2 beer poker ban in place!! :P ) but will look into the whole skype thing tomorrow and hopefully sort it soon, im deffo up for this :P
    • M1rCea
      M1rCea
      Bronze
      really excited to see this, gratz for the initiative. i'm up for it. I never did sweat sessions or anything like this, i've been playing poker/MSS for about a month and a half. Currently @ NL5

• foulkezboyz
      foulkezboyz
      Bronze
      good good! I Cant wait for us to get into the swing of things.
    • foulkezboyz
      foulkezboyz
      Bronze
      Right i'd say we have enough members now for regular meetings, and although i haven't yet had the chance to voice chat with any of y'all yet(I didn't realise i was so intimidating :f_o: ), i hope we can work on at least a 3 times a week group meeting schedule,

I Propose our meeting schedule be Sunday/tuesday/thursday.

These meetings can/will contain:
      :diamond: pairing off to sweat(This sounds so homoerotic).
      :diamond: Hand discussion.
      :diamond: Progress reports.

I Figure that progress reports can be done once weekly, and sweating also once weekly, whereas hand discussion can be done each meeting.

If anyone has scheduling suggestions or anything like that, HOLLA AT YO BOI! and tell me what works best for everyone, but i think for sure a regular schedule is always good.

Please everyone get back to me either ITT or on Skype or on private message, I'm around all day.

Also this does by no means mean we aren't still looking for members, Quite the opposite in fact, as we begin activity more and more members are wanted, and any MSSers should join up!
    • roopopper
      roopopper
      Bronze
      sounds great I will try hard to get skype organised for tuesday at the latest!!! :P
    • foulkezboyz
      foulkezboyz
      Bronze
      you a big slacker :P
    • roopopper
      roopopper
      Bronze
      Originally posted by foulkezboyz
      you a big slacker :P
      I know!!! Im sooo lazy at weekends!!! :P
    • M1rCea
      M1rCea