[NL2-NL10] NL2 3 Tough Hands

• 7ColdCoffee7
      7ColdCoffee7
      Bronze
      Should I have folded on the river? The player was extremely loose and extremely lucky the entire session.

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0/$0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)

Known players:
      UTG2:
      $3.98
      MP1:
      $2.12
      MP2:
      $4.22
      MP3:
      $2.39
      CO:
      $2.73
      BU:
      $3.90
      BB:
      $0.00
      BB (Hero):
      $3.85

Preflop: Hero is BB with T, J.
      UTG2 calls $0.02, MP1 folds, MP2 calls $0.02, 2 folds, BU calls $0.02, Hero checks.

Flop: ($0.1) 8, 9, K (4 players)
      Hero bets $0.05, UTG2 calls $0.05, MP2 raises to $0.16, BU folds, Hero calls $0.11, UTG2 folds.

Turn: ($0.47) Q (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.42, MP2 calls $0.42.

River: ($1.31) 3 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.90, MP2 raises to $3.62(All-In), Hero calls $2.35.

Final Pot: $8.18.

Should I have bet the turn here? I figured he had pocket jacks.

Play hand

$0.01/$0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)

Known players:
      BU (Hero):
      $3.82
      SB:
      $5.55
      BB:
      $3.36
      UTG1:
      $7.30
      UTG2:
      $3.39
      MP1:
      $1.90
      MP2:
      $2.77
      MP3:
      $3.68
      CO:
      $4.63

Preflop: Hero is BU with Q, Q.
      UTG1 folds, UTG2 calls $0.02, MP1 folds, MP2 calls $0.02, MP3 folds, CO calls $0.02, Hero raises to $0.14, SB folds, BB calls $0.12, 3 folds, 2 folds, CO folds.

Flop: ($0.35) 5, 2, J (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.24, BB calls $0.24.

Turn: ($0.83) 6 (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero checks.

River: ($0.83) 7 (2 players)
      BB bets $0.20, Hero calls $0.20.

Final Pot: $1.23.

But turns out he had A4h

And before this hand I had lost $20 over the past week by going all in with QQ. They haven't won once. So I've stopped going all in preflop with QQ.

Play hand

$0.01/$0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)

Known players:
      BB:
      $2.12
      UTG1:
      $3.50
      UTG2:
      $0.67
      MP1:
      $2.08
      MP2:
      $4.25
      MP3:
      $0.74
      CO (Hero):
      $2.94
      BU:
      $1.30
      SB:
      $2.29

Preflop: Hero is CO with Q, Q.
      5 folds, Hero raises to $0.08, BU folds, SB raises to $0.14, BB folds, Hero raises to $0.28, SB raises to $2.30, Hero folds, SB gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $0.29.

Afterward he told me he had JJ.

Thank you for the help! This is my first time posting.
  • 5 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello 7ColdCoffee7,

Welcome to the NL BSS Hand Evaluation Forum! Hopefully we will see more hands from you in the future, so we will be able to help you fix your leaks and as well help move up the limits. We will be waiting for the next hands and till that good luck on tables!

And as well rather keep in mind that don't post more than 1 hand into one thread. You can always link them or just mention in your post about previous hand. It's just much harder to evaluate us the hands while we have to concentrate on a lot of hands.

Hand #1
      Flop: I wouldn't even bet it here rather just Check it and hope to see free cards. Don't think that we have much fold equity anyways in such a multiway pot.
      Turn: Seems to be fine.
      River: Yes likely rather Bet/Fold it while it's just a freeplay. He could easily be holding the flush since if he had a strong hand then why didn't he raise it on turn.

Hand #2
      Bet the turn as well for value. Doesn't make sense to Check behind.

Hand #3
      Pretty horrible to 4bet and then fold to his 5bet. If you are going to 4bet then go broke as well.

Best regards.
    • acceleration123
      acceleration123
      Gold
      It´d probably be better if you divided your hands into different threads next time, I think especially the judges would be happier, since this is a bit messy chaotic. ;)

Anyways:

Hand 1)

You should have probably folded on the flop because - remember - you can´t count all your outs as clean outs, because eg. 7 :heart: or Q :heart: could create you a lot of trouble. Therefore you only have like 6 clean outs. Also you are out of position so your implied odds sucks.

On the river just fold, what worse he could shove there ?

Hand 2)

Not much to say here, Nice hand imo, on the turn I like the check-behind as it could might induce him to bluff you on the river with Jx or maybe even smaller PPs.

Hand 3)

If you don´t want to go broke with hands like AK or QQ all the time, you can just call the 3bet and play post-flop.

Playing 4bet and then folding is rather a bad way to go. There is already to much chips you´ve invested so far that you can´t really fold.
    • acceleration123
      acceleration123
      Gold
      Originally posted by veriz

Hand #2

Why is it so bad to check-behind when the board is pretty dry and we don´t really have to protect and also that checking behind could induce him to bluff us on the river with smth like pocket tens or such, and also he could have hard time calling 3barels with hands like JQ or such ??
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by acceleration123

Hand #2

Why is it so bad to check-behind when the board is pretty dry and we don´t really have to protect and also that checking behind could induce him to bluff us on the river with smth like pocket tens or such, and also he could have hard time calling 3barels with hands like JQ or such ??
      Nah, there are still few hands which we might get value from and of course there are just so many combos which would even pay us like Jx, a lot of PPs. Those players are anyways way too bad on those limits and mostly rather pick the maximum value than some kind of bluff-induce line.
    • acceleration123
      acceleration123
      Gold

Those players are anyways way too bad on those limits and mostly rather pick the maximum value than some kind of bluff-induce line.
      Right, right. Thank you :)