Stack
      Hero:
      $3.1
      MP1:
      $2
      MP3:
      $1.39

0.01/0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant.Base 0.99 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q:spade: , J:heart:
      2 folds, MP1 calls $0.02, MP2 folds, MP3 calls $0.02, 3 folds, Hero checks.

Flop: ($0.07) Q:heart: , 2:heart: , 2:spade: (3 players)
      Hero bets $0.05, MP1 folds, MP3 raises to $0.10, Hero folds, MP3 gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $0.17

Should I have perhaps carried on with this hand?
  • 5 replies
    • MrMardyBum
      MrMardyBum
      Bronze
      I'd of liked to see a call after the re-raise here, I think coming from the BB a lot of players at the micros give you a lot less credit, I think opponent is likely to flip over a low - mid PP here about 80% of the time..
    • acceleration123
      acceleration123
      Gold
      Maybe since it´s just a minraise it could be done. But it ain´t bad to fold right on the flop since it´s multiway pot and you will avoid any further mistakes on the turn or the river you could possibly make :) Safe solution to fold the flop.
    • MrMardyBum
      MrMardyBum
      Bronze
      It's only HU when MP1 folds ;) ... I guess folding is okay... But also I think it's a bit too nitty for me. The times a deuce is in someone's range is extremely low! And the chances of being beated by a Q with higher kicker is also very low imo, due to the fact that was there was no raise pre-flop.
    • acceleration123
      acceleration123
      Gold
      Originally posted by MrMardyBum
      It's only HU when MP1 folds ;) ... I guess folding is okay... But also I think it's a bit too nitty for me. The times a deuce is in someone's range is extremely low! And the chances of being beated by a Q with higher kicker is also very low imo, due to the fact that was there was no raise pre-flop.
      You are right, the range that could beat us is pretty narrow. Could be worth calling probably. But there is the position disadvantage and we don´t know the opponent. But hm, given these facts and also it´s just a min-raise a call would be proly better.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello GazAsh2002,

Of course he could as well there even min-raise with FD and as well even weaker Qx. Although I wouldn't say that he can't have the better Qx there or either even 2x. If you just take a look at the basic stats of his we can see that he is pretty bad player and I wouldn't even be surprised when he limps with AQ/KQ or whatsoever.

Therefore while it's just a freeplay pot it ain't not much wrong while you pick Bet/Fold there to avoid any further mistakes. Although ain't wrong either if you Bet/Call there against his min-raise and reevaluate it on turn and maybe even will get great odds.

Best regards.