Hero (BTN): $80.55
      SB: $93.70
      BB: $54.60
      UTG: $48.60
      MP: $2.43
      CO: $52.85

Pre Flop: ($0.75) Hero is BTN with K :club: A :heart:
      UTG raises to $1.75, 2 folds, Hero calls $1.75, 2 folds

Flop: ($4.25) T :club: K :diamond: 9 :diamond: (2 players)
      UTG checks, Hero bets $3.15, UTG raises to $13.70, Hero calls $10.55

Turn: ($31.65) J :club: (2 players)
      UTG bets $31.65, Hero folds

So your man is new to the table, I only have 45 hands on him and his stats are 45/37 3b 13. Do you think it's +EV here to get it in on the turn?
  • 4 replies
    • rubysilesia
      rubysilesia
      Silver
      I would 3bet him preflop. As played I'd shove on the flop.
    • simoska
      simoska
      Bronze
      do you mind explaining your decisions?
    • rubysilesia
      rubysilesia
      Silver
      Even with 45 hands the stats are showing that he is a serious maniac. He raised almost 1/2 of his hands preflop (which in this case would be around 20, enough to consider him a total donk). You want to raise for value PF in position (preferably put him AI). On the flop you got TPTK on a draw heavy, his raise could mean anything, he could do it with any draw, any pair even with air... or stronger hand. In my opinion most of the time you are ahead here and you dont want to let him draw.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Originally posted by rubysilesia
      Even with 45 hands the stats are showing that he is a serious maniac. He raised almost 1/2 of his hands preflop (which in this case would be around 20, enough to consider him a total donk). You want to raise for value PF in position (preferably put him AI). On the flop you got TPTK on a draw heavy, his raise could mean anything, he could do it with any draw, any pair even with air... or stronger hand. In my opinion most of the time you are ahead here and you dont want to let him draw.
      +1
      to me it also seems easy 3-bet pf and playing for stacks
      postflop you have to decide if you´re going with your hand and against maniac tptk seems strong enough to shove on the flop, consider how many pair+draw type hands he can c/r. Also if you b/c flop, you aren´t really folding to blank turn, so better get all-in on the flop before some scare cards would come on the turn