[NL2-NL10] NL5 - KK overpair, facing pot size river shove

• Andyuk18
      Andyuk18
      Bronze
      PokerStars Game Hold'em No Limit ($0.02/$0.05 USD)

Table 'Espinette XI' 6-max Seat #1 is the button

Seat 1: AndyUK18 ($12.13 in chips)
      Seat 2: Bfieber ($5.36 in chips)
      Seat 3: martinelii ($5 in chips)
      Seat 4: 3AGame ($1.60 in chips)
      Seat 5: Kamchadal 11 ($10.23 in chips)
      Bfieber: posts small blind $0.02
      martinelii: posts big blind $0.05

*** HOLE CARDS ***
      Dealt to AndyUK18 [K :heart: K :club:]

3AGame: folds
      Pablo9CV joins the table at seat #6
      Kamchadal 11: folds
      AndyUK18: raises $0.10 to $0.15
      Bfieber: calls $0.13
      martinelii: calls $0.10

*** FLOP *** [4 :spade: 8 :heart: Q :heart:] Pot = $0.45

Bfieber: checks
      martinelii: checks
      AndyUK18: bets $0.35
      Bfieber: calls $0.35
      martinelii: folds

*** TURN *** [4 :spade: 8 :heart: Q :heart:] [5 :heart:] Pot = $1.15

Bfieber: bets $1.30
      AndyUK18: calls $1.30

*** RIVER *** [4 :spade: 8 :heart: Q :heart: 5 :heart:] [K :spade:] Pot = $3.75

Bfieber: bets $3.56 and is all-in
      AndyUK18: folds
      Uncalled bet ($3.56) returned to Bfieber
      Bfieber collected $3.57 from pot
      Bfieber: shows [As Jh] (high card Ace)

*** SUMMARY ***

Total pot $3.75 | Rake $0.18

A bit lost with this hand. Turn is obviously not a great card for me but i guess if i call the turn bet i have to call off a river bet, especially after hitting my set, unless its a 4th heart? Is river a standard call against micro fish?

I think my history with KK sort of messed up my judgement. Fear of calling off and losing to a random hand. :P

No reads on villain unfortunately but turns out he's a spewtard and went broke 10 hands later.
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Andyuk18,

First of all, it seems that you are suffering while converting the hand. Do you put the suits yourself? :D

Try converting with this one: http://www.pokerstrategy.com/poker-hand-converter/.

It's a PokerStrategy hand converter which should work perfectly for pokerstars. :)

About the hand:
      Preflop: Seems like your raise is too small if I understand it correctly. I would do it 4xBB.
      Flop: Don't see pot size. :( Although definitely have to Cbet it and like 2/3.
      Turn: That's kinda sick but I guess I would just fold it right here. Since his line just looks so strong and few draws even completed. I don't see us winning a lot of hands. Or either just ship yourself even here if you want to Call at all. Rather Shove -> Call.

As played if turn was Called
      River: And doesn't make sense actually to Call the turn and now lay it down here. The board didn't change at all, it just made us more likely to beat a lot of hands like sets and etc now and of course 2pairs.

Best regards.
    • Andyuk18
      Andyuk18
      Bronze
      Thanks Veriz - I did put the suits in myself haha, will use the hand converter in future.

I've added the pot sizes in. I did bet 0.35 in 0.45 on the flop, checked the turn and he overbets the pot lol. This really does polarize his range to a weak flush/bluff. I think i call here due to having the K :heart: . Guess i really should have called he river after calling the turn.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Andyuk18
      Thanks Veriz - I did put the suits in myself haha, will use the hand converter in future.

I've added the pot sizes in. I did bet 0.35 in 0.45 on the flop, checked the turn and he overbets the pot lol. This really does polarize his range to a weak flush/bluff. Guess i really should have called he river after calling the turn.
      Yep, the converter is pretty easy to use. Just paste the hand into it and wont even have to put the suits yourself. :D