[NL2-NL10] Damn those queens

• jebozid
      jebozid
      Bronze
      This is my first post in the evaluation section, so hopefully I won't make a mess. And please suggest anything that'll make me use this forum correctly.

Hand #1:

Known players:    
      SB:
      $1,8
      BB:
      $1,61
      UTG1:
      $3,39
      MP1:
      $0,37
      Hero:
      $1,97

0,01/0,02 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant.Base 0.99 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with Q:heart: , Q:spade:
      UTG1 calls $0,02, UTG2 folds, MP1 raises to $0,08, MP2 folds, Hero raises to $0,23, 2 folds, SB calls $0,22, BB calls $0,21, UTG1 folds, MP1 raises to $0,37 (All-In), Hero calls $0,14, SB calls $0,14, BB calls $0,14.

Flop: ($1,50) J:spade: , 7:heart: , 4:heart: (3 players)
      SB checks, BB checks, Hero bets $0,42, SB calls $0,42, BB calls $0,42.

Turn: ($2,76) T:spade: (3 players)
      SB checks, BB checks, Hero raises $1,18 (All-In), SB folds, BB calls $0,82 (All-In), Hero gets uncalled bet back (All-In).

River: ($4,40) 6:heart: (3 players)

Final Pot: $4,40

Results follow (highlight to see):
      MP1 shows (Ad Kd)
      Hero shows (Qh Qs)
      BB shows a flush, ace high (Ah 5h)

BB wins with a flush, ace high (Ah 5h)
      I perceived him as a very loose player and was nearly positive he was fishing for a flush.

And hand #2:

Known players:        
      Hero:
      $2,62
      MP1:
      $2,15

0,01/0,02 No-Limit Hold'em (10 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant.Base 0.99 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is UTG with Q:heart: , Q:spade: . CO posts a blind of $0,02.
      Hero raises to $0,08, 2 folds, MP1 calls $0,08, 6 folds.

Flop: ($0,21) 4:heart: , J:club: , J:spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0,14, MP1 calls $0,14.

Turn: ($0,49) 4:spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0,26, MP1 raises to $1,28, Hero raises to $2,40 (All-In), MP1 calls $0,65 (All-In), Hero gets uncalled bet back.

River: ($4,35) 2:heart: (2 players)

Final Pot: $4,35

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows two-pair, queens and jacks (Qh Qs)
      MP1 shows a full-house, fours full of jacks (Ac 4c)

MP1 wins with a full-house, fours full of jacks (Ac 4c)
      I guess I was putting him on TT here, I don't know, the more I look at it the less I see what exactly was I trying to accomplish.
  • 2 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello jebozid,

Welcome to the NL BSS Hand Evaluation Forum! Hopefully we will see more hands from you in the future, so we will be able to help you fix your leaks and as well help move up the limits. We will be waiting for the next hands and till that good luck on tables!

And please keep in mind that rather don't post so many hands into one thread. Separate them for us making easier to concentrate on just one hand. Thanks! You can always link them. Plus we don't have scroll threw all the page back and forward. :D

Hand #1
      Preflop: You could easily just put the MP1 guy all-in directly here and raise that amount.
      Postflop: Could as well just ship it directly on flop which might be even better.

Hand #2
      I would likely just fold it on turn, don't really see him doing that with a lot worse hands. Any 4x or Jx already easily beats us. And with pairs I more often expect him just to Call and reevaluate on river.

Best regards.
    • jebozid
      jebozid
      Bronze
      Thank you for the kind welcome veriz, and also for your comments on my hands. I will post just one hand from now on, but it was just when I was looking through my recent biggest losing hands, it turned out they were both QQ. And in both I was 67% favorite before the flop. Shows how much that means, lol. :D Next time I hope I play those queens better.
      Cheers!