Playing SSS. Rush or Normal?

• biohhh
      biohhh
      Bronze
      Alrighty, so after a LONG break from poker I decided to start up again. Read all of the articles here avialable to the Basic rank (still waiting for my ID check to go trough) and decided to go with the Short Stack Strategy.

Now I've registered with Fulltilt and they had this "Rush" game mode that I have never seen before. After playing a couple of hands with "play money" and reading up about it, it soon became clear what that game mode was all about.

So my question here is: Should I go with normal or Rush tables while trying out SSS? Im by no means a pro, but I dont consider myself a beginner either. But this is my first try on a real strategy and actual BRM, so I want to make this count :f_cool:

Rush seems perfect for SSS but Im having doubts.

Thank you in advance.
  • 2 replies
    • Navrark
      Navrark
      Bronze
      I'm having doubts too. I think Full Tilt fixed the buy-in amounts to eliminate Short-Stackers. You may still be able to succeed with it at the micros as there may be enough donks to pay you off, but otherwise I don't think it will work.

If you want to do SSS you may have to look elsewhere. Inquire in the SSS forum and see if there are any sites that you can use that strategy on.
    • tokyoaces
      tokyoaces
      Bronze
      You can't buy-in for 20bb in Rush so you can't use the short stack strategy.

Full Tilt does have shallow tables where you can use it, but they aren't very popular beyond nl10.