Hello

• roccodamore
      roccodamore
      Bronze
      Hi my name is Rocco I'm italian I live in Scotland since 2006. I've been playing poker live and online from a few years alternating good and bad results the true is that I've never taken care of the bankroll management . I've got my starting capital at Cake Poker. Last week I've deposited $ 25 so now I'm getting the 33% of rakeback. At the moment I'm playing 4 multitables $ 0.05/0.10 .
      I'm leaving the other poker rooms, from the next week I will only play constantly on Cake 6 hours a day, I've decided to draw a line and restart all from this $50 and see where I can arrive having a serious and a properly bankroll management. It's a sort of gamble with myself. If it will be fine I will keep playing poker I mean as a profession if not it will be only for fun. I wanna make it I'm keen and I know I can do it. Thanks to Pokestrategy for what is doing for poker. The website is fantastic and people here seems really nice..... and sorry about my english :) . Good luck to everybody at the tables
  • 4 replies
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Hi Rocco,

Welcome to our community!

I hope you'll enjoy playing at Cake Poker =)

I've asked pleno1 (our poker expert ) to pop by and give you a few tips on how to get started!

Keep us posted
      Ingrid
    • pleno1
      pleno1
      Coach
      Coach
      Hey mate,

Firstly don't apologise for your English, it is phenominally better than my Italian.

How did you end up in Sunny Scotland? Don't tell me... It was a girl? Right?

It's great that you deposited on Cake, rakeback at the lower levels really is super important as the rake levels are pretty high :(

I also think its fantastic that you really want to do well, but you know that if it doesn't go perfect you can always just take a break and come back at it for the fun element. Poker is a job for some people, fun for some and a mixture of both for others. Knowing that you could potentially fall into all three categories is cool right?

Really great you ar eplaying 6 hours a day! That is alot dude! How many tables on average? I would tell you not to go crazy straight away, poker is going to be here today, tomorrow and next week so no need rushing in trying to play 1 million hands in your first week. How about spending 5 hours a day playing and 1 hour a day reading our articles and watching our videos. Progression is so important so we can try to get you moving up the limits sooner rather than later.

GL and keep us updated!
    • erixxx
      erixxx
      Bronze
      hello every1! Norwegian hello from me!
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Originally posted by erixxx
      hello every1! Norwegian hello from me!
      Hi erixxx,

Welcome to our community! =)

Norwegian hello means a "cold hello" right? :f_biggrin: How is the weather there? One of my very close friend Henrik is from Norway, I promised to come visit when his back home (as he lives in Malta now, for obvious reasons) =) He tells me something about this winter holiday house and the temperature being under -30 degrees?!?!? Can it be really?

But back to PokerStrategy.com / So, how did you find us?

Have you managed to pass our quiz yet?

Ingrid