party poker wsop package?????

• rankler88
      rankler88
      Bronze
      Where it says 'the highest ranked player to opt in wins the package' does this mean that the highest placed player in the freeroll that opted in wins the package and prize money? so if i dont opt in and i win the freeroll i dont get the package jst the cash?
  • 4 replies
    • Biggles87
      Biggles87
      Bronze
      Think so yup.

Just opt in if you know about it. Presumably to reward forum contributers in addition to all PS players. Or maybe it is an admin/legal thing. Some competitions require the specific consent of people in order for them to be considered in the competition.
    • rankler88
      rankler88
      Bronze
      Nice one yeah was a bit confused i opted in anyway cheers for clearing that up for me.
      What a nightmare if u didnt notice that u need to opt in and u luckbox your way to a win and dont get the package.Can u imagine the rage :D
    • Biggles87
      Biggles87
      Bronze
      True but if I came second and of the two of us i'd been the only one smart enough/ active enough on PS then i'd be laughing.

I still haven't decided if I want to do it yet. I only just got my $50 a few days ago, and am slightly down, due more to impatience/lack of discipline on my part I think if I relax a bit more and take my time I could start working my way up slowly.

I am tempted by the freeroll and potential win of a WSOP package, although would expect at least 90% of those in the tourny to be opted in. It would combine with a welcome bonus equivalent to 62.50 pounds. I don't know, I'm assuming that is roughly $100. But i'm being smart at the moment and waiting a few more days to see what sort of numbers we are talking for the opt-in, thus giving me an idea of my chances. I'll decide maybe the 18th to give myself a day or two for the deposit to go through. Just over 500 have opted-in so far. So $10,000/500 = $20 buy-in. That's how I'm running the maths anyway. You're basically getting the buy-in for free. I would expect it to at the very least double. So maybe $10 buy-in.

Thoughts?
    • Saruniks
      Saruniks
      Bronze
      yeah, maybe it will be 10$ for a player, less I gues. But it is easier to win that standart tourney as some won't be playing, some will freeroll by allining with strange hands, so in the money should come faster.

About wsop package, yeah, players under 21 won't opt in. So it's possible to go second and win it. But I would feel sorry for 18 years old to ship the tournament lol.