[NL20-NL50] NL25 is this all in bluff good ?

• bonecore
      bonecore
      Bronze
      i had 22 in BB
      UG raised and it was 4 way pot

flop comes A 10 7
      it goes check check check check
      turn is A and i am first to act and stab the pot (i bet 3.5$ in 4$ pot) thinking i can fold the opponents by betting turn an river

NOTE that all my opponents have tight ranges , all are folding the blinds like crazy

so one guy calles (he is in Middle posision)
      river is A
      so i over-shoved river (20$ into 11$) thinking that i can fold a 10... but tight ranges preflop doesnt mean tight postflop :(

he called me with pocket 77
      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      question 1
      what would you (a decent player) do if you were that guy and you had a 10 in hand ???
      --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      question 2
      if i had a 10 i would do the same thing to fold another 10 (avoid splitting) .. because i thought the guy was tight
      Do you think that i am thinking too in advance for NL25 , and i should play more abc poker at this limit???
  • 1 reply
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      what would you (a decent player) do if you were that guy and you had a 10 in hand ???
      - problem is that with Tx you really don´t have second nuts- someone might easily hold there JJ-KK but if you had AT then shove is fine

if i had a 10 i would do the same thing to fold another 10 (avoid splitting) .. because i thought the guy was tight
      Do you think that i am thinking too in advance for NL25 , and i should play more abc poker at this limit???

- as I said before Tx isn´t really the second nuts that board, but generally players should fold Tx to overbet so it can be considered, but I wouldn´t really overbet that marginal spot. A lot better option would be to bet 2/3 pot

Not really the best spot for overbetting, since basically you´re only reping Ax and I think players usually doesn´t buy that- more abc poker generally would be better