This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] NL25 is this all in bluff good ?

• bonecore
      bonecore
      Bronze
      i had 22 in BB
      UG raised and it was 4 way pot

flop comes A 10 7
      it goes check check check check
      turn is A and i am first to act and stab the pot (i bet 3.5$ in 4$ pot) thinking i can fold the opponents by betting turn an river

NOTE that all my opponents have tight ranges , all are folding the blinds like crazy

so one guy calles (he is in Middle posision)
      river is A
      so i over-shoved river (20$ into 11$) thinking that i can fold a 10... but tight ranges preflop doesnt mean tight postflop :(

he called me with pocket 77
      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      question 1
      what would you (a decent player) do if you were that guy and you had a 10 in hand ???
      --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      question 2
      if i had a 10 i would do the same thing to fold another 10 (avoid splitting) .. because i thought the guy was tight
      Do you think that i am thinking too in advance for NL25 , and i should play more abc poker at this limit???
  • 1 reply
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      what would you (a decent player) do if you were that guy and you had a 10 in hand ???
      - problem is that with Tx you really don´t have second nuts- someone might easily hold there JJ-KK but if you had AT then shove is fine

if i had a 10 i would do the same thing to fold another 10 (avoid splitting) .. because i thought the guy was tight
      Do you think that i am thinking too in advance for NL25 , and i should play more abc poker at this limit???

- as I said before Tx isn´t really the second nuts that board, but generally players should fold Tx to overbet so it can be considered, but I wouldn´t really overbet that marginal spot. A lot better option would be to bet 2/3 pot

Not really the best spot for overbetting, since basically you´re only reping Ax and I think players usually doesn´t buy that- more abc poker generally would be better