$112.70
      BU:
      $50.00
      SB:
      $49.50
      BB (Hero):
      $50.00

Preflop: Hero is BB with K, J.
      CO raises to $1.50, 2 folds, Hero calls $1.00.

Flop: ($3.25) Q, J, 3 (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $2.00, Hero calls $2.00.

Turn: ($7.25) T (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $4.50, Hero calls $4.50.

River: ($16.25) 5 (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $12.00, Hero folds, CO gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $16.25.

Villain is an aggressive reg, 25/22. agg factor 5.4. cbet 83%, turn cbet 75%. But his river agg is only 29% (although it's 2/7). His WWSD is huge too, 65%
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello vmarqui,

Preflop: Against those kind of aggressive barrel players I don't really like to Call since we just have to so often float against not just 1 street and we will never know where we stand with our hand. I'd even consider just 3betting it more often preflop. Therefore what about fold to 3bet? His 4bet?

As played
      Postflop: I do understand your idea of that he is not barreling the river that often. But I really see this board to be very good to do so. Therefore I am not really big fan of Calling the turn actually for the reason that there are just so many cards which we might put ourselves into difficult spot. And therefore as played I'd even consider just folding it on such a turn card.

But more often I might even ask myself what to do on flop. Either would it be considerable to Check/Raise it there? Which somewhat I wouldn't say that for the reason that I expect him to continue there with a lot of hands while he has such a WTSD (hands? - according to 65% like not much).
      Therefore now I'd ask myself how many cards there will be which he is going to 2nd barrel and it could cost us some more money. I am pretty sure he would CBet all the overcards and as well maybe even any and definitely as well . Therefore for conclusion I might even just fold it right on flop to avoid any such thin Calls. I guess even Check/Raise on flop is rather better than Calling him on such a board while we expect him to 2barrel a lot of turn cards.

And then we come to the conclusion -> rather 3bet it preflop than Call against that kind of aggressive postflop player.

Best regards.