[NL20-NL50] AQ 3bet

• vmarqui
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.25/$0.5 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)

Known players:
      CO (Hero):

Preflop: Hero is CO with A, Q.
      3 folds, MP2 calls $0.50, MP3 raises to $2.50, Hero raises to $7.50, 3 folds, MP2 calls $7.00, MP3 folds.

Flop: ($18.25) 5, 3, 7 (2 players)
      MP2 checks, Hero checks.

Turn: ($18.25) J (2 players)
      MP2 bets $10.50, Hero folds, MP2 gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $18.25.

My biggest leak is not choosing the right spot to not cbet.
      I usually bet on these spots, but I don't think it's that profitable, as he's calling with better hands and folding with the worse ones. On the other side, if villain is aggressive, he'll most likely bet on turn to outplay me. and people don't go all in that loose on nl50, so i'll probably be able to outplay villain by firing a second/third barrel.
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      Hello vmarqui,

Preflop: What about the opponent? Against some kind of loose 3bet callers I might even just Call while we have position on him. Although just 3betting here is fine as well.
      Postflop: What about his AF? What about his fold to 3bet preflop? What about his donks? And as played, I don't mind your play at all. But we could as well CBet there if we somewhat knew what's his fold to 3bet range. For example if he Calls like with a lot of PPs/broadways and maybe even some SCs then you could as well consider CBetting there while being the PFA since I still see him folding his whole range of broadways unless they are with . But when you decide to Check it back then usually there is not much you can do against his line and by that I mean with your plan Check behind = usually giveup on turn. Because if we do raise it on turn then there is not much we can represent for the reason that if we had some kind of hand then we were very likely to bet the flop to protect from any kind of hand.

Best regards.