This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] KK 130bb vs nit 3betting

• vmarqui
      vmarqui
      Bronze
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.25/$0.5 No-Limit Hold'em (7 handed)

Known players:
      MP1:
      $50.00
      MP2:
      $67.90
      MP3:
      $69.15
      CO:
      $50.00
      BU:
      $65.35
      SB (Hero):
      $102.50
      BB:
      $50.00

Preflop: Hero is SB with K, K.
      2 folds, MP3 raises to $1.50, CO folds, BU raises to $4.50, Hero ???

The first villain is a loose reg. Problem is the second is a 11 9 nit, who has a 3bet of 1.9. And we're slightly deep. So what do you think? what about calling?
  • 2 replies
    • rubysilesia
      rubysilesia
      Bronze
      How many hands do you have with this opponent? How many 3bet situations in it?
      This is a stat that converges very slowly even with 500+ hand it happens not very often (especially with tight players). If he is super tight call might be ok here I think. If you 4bet, he would push with KK+ and might fold QQ and AK. Some times he will push with all those hand than the call would be +EV. Sometimes he does this only with QQ+ (still +EV to call considering dead money). Again usually you dont have big enough sample to draw a certain conclusion.
      I had this type of situations where I was like 90% sure that I am beat based on the player observation and stats. I still pushed because I heard numerous times the you never fold Kings preflop.
      I'm interested on the Judges point of view here.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello vmarqui,

While with 4bet we are only representing like KK+ I don't like the 4bet plus we are deep as well against that kind of nit. Therefore I would rather prefer to Call and play against him postflop. Such a nit might even fold his JJ/QQ in this spot.

Best regards.