Greetings from South Central England ;)

• paulkitchen
      paulkitchen
      Bronze
      Hi guys,

I've been registered for around 6 months now, but have only just started winning, and therefore feeling like posting :)

I'm a 26 year old I.T professional from Reading in the U.K, treating poker as a hobby and trying to grind my way up the low stakes SnG's on FTP. Going pretty well so far.

So I look forward to seeing you all around and hope to learn a lot from you all.:D

Cheers
      Paul

• 9 replies
    • paulkitchen
      paulkitchen
      Bronze
      And no, I've absolutely no idea where that girl in the pic has got her head, presumably between either her own or someone else's legs, depending on how good a night she was having.
    • pea1984
      pea1984
      Bronze
      Hello from South Wales. Nice to hear your winning. GL at the tables
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Hi Paul,

Big welcome to our community!

What took you 6 months to give us such an awesome post!? Great to see behind the curtains of letters finally =)

Since you've been with us the last 6 months and probably read the articles, watched a few videos its perfect occasion for me to ask ~ Have you missed anything that could maybe help to improve your game?

Browse through our forum and feel free to post your hand in our hand evaluation board.

I hope you enjoy playing and please keep us posted on your progress.

Ingrid
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Originally posted by paulkitchen
      And no, I've absolutely no idea where that girl in the pic has got her head, presumably between either her own or someone else's legs, depending on how good a night she was having.
      Believe it or not, my colleague just asked me the same question regarding that photo! :f_biggrin:
    • paulkitchen
      paulkitchen
      Bronze
      Haha superb.

Not sure what took me so long really. The SAGE article really helped me to improve my winrate (kept coming second a lot in these turbo SnG's).

The concepts that has turned me from a losing into a winning player so far have been equity, and assigning a range to my opponent, and understanding bet sizing. Oh and using PokerTracker :)

You guys may be interested to learn that I run enterprise scale software deployments in the gaming sector, and currently work with many of the big players such as Betfair, SportingBet, Ladbrokes, and soon to be Stars and Full Tilt. I have spent a bit of time in Gibraltar in the past as a result, so I'll be sure to buzz you guys up next time I'm over.

Cheers
      PK
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Hi Paul,

Thanks for the great feedback! =)

I am looking forward to hear more from you soon and don't forget to pop by when you in Gib next time.

Ingrid

reference for the other players just in case : SAGE
    • foulkezboyz
      foulkezboyz
      Bronze
      greetings from gloucestershire, Welcome to the community, here in the english community i feel we lack english people :P
    • pleno1
      pleno1
      Coach
      Coach
      Hey Paul,

I have some friends who work in IT in Reading too. I have a funny story from 4 years ago when I went to a Newcastle vs Reading match, I lost my ticket on the bus going down, I ended up not being allowed into the stadium :(

30 minutes later in rather drunken state I ended up inside the stadium and sitting in the media centre with the guys who speak on the tannoy (like announcing the substitutions) and I had the best view in the staidum.

Which SNG's do you play? One table? 6 max? 45 man? Can we see some graphs? :f_cool:
    • paulkitchen
      paulkitchen
      Bronze
      Haha great story :)

I'm sure if I wasn't so desperately hungover at this point I could recall many amusing anecdotal responses, but my brain has shut down. Still playing a couple of tables though. Bad Paul.

Graph at the blog below, as you can see it's early days.

My Blog