Is Howard Lederer A Pro? And Obvious Hello Uhmm Hi

• fishnumber1
      fishnumber1
      Bronze
      HI EVERYONE IM FROM ROMANIA THE COUNTRY OF ALL POSSIBILITIES(IF YOU KNOW WHAT I SAY :P ) IM NEW HERE, SEEN THE AD ON ISOHUNT and had been tempted about those 50 dollars :D
      SO far so good, i tried a mini test on NL begginer scored around 21, one objection at number 8 question about raising AJ PREFLOP to attack a stealer i responded that i raise for value because i considered that preflop its a value raise considering his wide range to steal the blinds so i dont really agree with the response as a semibluff raise :s_biggrin:
      Also about that free 50 dollar test, are there any questions about other than NL HOLDEM becouse i know just that game for now
      AND are there any advanced strategy talks on the forums here?
      Thanks and one more thing about howard the sick bluffer lederer http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vc1AhaTIHSs
      why the f word did nt he steal the pot on the flop or at least the river after 2 checks to him because he is gonna bluff in that spot 0,00001 percent
      I mean seriosly when will he level his play? anybody knows if he bluffs? he could of steal all that crazy pot
      :s_cry:
  • 3 replies
    • pleno1
      pleno1
      Coach
      Coach
      Hey dude, welcome to PokerStrategy,

That hand with "durrrr" is really interesting from both sides. What do you think about the preflop action? Should Howard jam pre? Or is durrrrr never calling worse. Is durrrrs value range crushing Howards here?

Once we establish and agree on pre flop we can start talking about post flop :f_cool:
    • fishnumber1
      fishnumber1
      Bronze
      MY READ ON THE SITUATION ;)
      Well Howard is a tight player playing a small range so -durrr - put him on A HIGH OR BIG POCKET PAIR and of course howard knew that dwan knew that howard had at least A HIGH and Tom is a situational player and he did not shove because Tom represents his hand to be a value bet disguised as a read bluff or Tom really made a sick preflop bluff . Either the case the call from howard had an psychological effect on Dwan :s_o: and was the best play to steal the pot based on his range because it is A WIDE RANGE VS SMALL RANGE WAR obvious the check on the flop from howard could signal a trap and the so called -LOOSE MANIAC DONK- checks carefully for defence . Dwan could do a levelling of his own by checking the flop with a a big pair also Howard could of made a continuation bet on the flop to confuse durrrrr :s_o: about his hand because to an opponent like durrr is better to check your monster and durrrr will then be durrrred as to H rarely bluffs and why the F*** H bets if he has a monster ? :s_confused: BUT IF HOWARD IS THINKING HIS CHECKS COULD REPRESENT A TWO BARREL CHECK TRAP a BET ON THE RIVER BY HOWARD SHOULD END THE POT RIGHT THERE since Tom checks twice either by weakness or a MONSTER (HE IS DURRR SO HE COULD THINK ABOUT THAT) AND HOWARD RARELY BLUFFS(game theory) SO A BET ON THE FLOP SHOULD STEAL THE MONEY(game theory) LEDERER JUST BURNT HIS OWN PREFLOP MONEY FOR NOTHING :s_cry:
      So what do you think about the play and read on the situation??
      Hope for your answer :f_biggrin: and give your opinion
      BYE
    • pleno1
      pleno1
      Coach
      Coach
      Something I did think was that if Howard did successfully identify durrrr's range then he has alot of showdown value and maybe its best if he actually just try's hard to get to showdown.

It's great that you are thinking on an advanced level where you want to turn value/showdown hands into bluffs. Very nice. Check out my blog, its called HU spewtard balling out of control, I think I'm in your club ;)

In general I do think trying to "outplay" Durrrr is going to be a bad decision in the long run as he is generally going to play pretty much perfectly post flop. If you flat pre with AK and hit a pair, durrrr will most likely put you on 1010/JJ and may go for an audacious bluff/overraise, like in previous hands such as the Sammy George hand where he overbet the river with 72.