This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL5 rush JQs in the SB against BU

• acceleration123
      acceleration123
      Gold
      Would it be better to lead out this flop ? My plan was to let him cbet and call the flop with my OESD.

But on the turn I think if he doesn´t cbet the flop I should´ve definitely bet it out right ?

On the river I don´t believe he´s got the king but rather he is just trying to steal the pot maybe with Ace high or whatsoever but I also don´t see an option in raising it here since I can´t represent the king after the line I´ve picked up.

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.02/$0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)

Known players:
      MP2:
      $6.60
      MP3:
      $6.49
      CO:
      $2.14
      BU:
      $5.14
      SB (Hero):
      $6.36
      BB:
      $2.00
      UTG1:
      $2.09
      UTG2:
      $1.60
      MP1:
      $2.02

Preflop: Hero is SB with J, Q.
      6 folds, BU raises to $0.15, Hero calls $0.13, BB folds.

Flop: ($0.35) K, T, 3 (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU checks.

Turn: ($0.35) 6 (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU checks.

River: ($0.35) K (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $0.15, Hero folds, BU gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $0.35.
  • 2 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello acceleration123,

Preflop: You can as well just 3bet it here. Although Calling ain't wrong if you have a plan postflop.

As played
      Flop: I'd actually say that I might even consider Check/Raise here depending on the opponent. To make such a Call profitable in long run preflop. Although would be an option as well to donk it but Check/Raise does seem to be a bit stronger.

As played if flop was Checked
      Turn: I'd just donk it here since he didn't really show interest in the pot.
      River: Not much you can do, whatever he does it doesn't make sense. :D Maybe that's true that he is trying to make you fold some kind of small PP with just A high.

Best regards.
    • acceleration123
      acceleration123
      Gold
      Originally posted by veriz

River: Not much you can do, whatever he does it doesn't make sense. :D Maybe that's true that he is trying to make you fold some kind of small PP with just A high.

Best regards.
      Exactly what I was thinking at that moment. I was like: "You don´t have a sh*t :D ." But I couldn´t represent anything either.