[NL2-NL10] AKo vs J7s. I'm supposed to be favourite right?

• v3rc3tt1
      v3rc3tt1
      Bronze
      Hey everyone. The game is NL10 Shorthanded. There's one very aggressive dude who goes all in from time to time preflop. So the first time he went all in i had like T3 so folded next time got him with KK and his stack. And the hand after that he's all in again I"m on AKo. So i call him he shows J7s gets flush draw on flop and hit the flush on river. Sry for not pasting exactly the hand history. Guess fulltilt hates me today :) . So did i play that right? I usually don't go all ins preflop on cash games if i don't have at least QQ or upper although i suppose i'm favourite.
      Greetz vercetti
  • 4 replies
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      I stacked Ak yesterday one player who open pushed with 78. Easy call. Sometimes you´re flipping the coin, but you´re never behind and mostly 60-40 favorite. Good enough to call:)
    • whipflip15
      whipflip15
      Bronze
      Depends on your BRM. Calls like that are high variance and getting beat can send you tilting. You don't lose anything by folding and coin flips against bad players aren't good either because you could find much better times to take his money i guess.
    • stantos
      stantos
      Bronze
      I asked a very similar question to this last week. My way of playing is to call. I play NL25 on Everest at the mo and the cards that players push with is pathetic. I had one guy yesterday call my all in reraise with K 6o. Yes you do get retards who hit, buts thats poker.

I believe you only have to win these hands 33% of the time for it to be profitable, so my advice, keep calling. Against 2 players all in, use your judgement of how the tables playing. Against one defo call.
    • Thorsten77
      Thorsten77
      Black
      You are favorite and its +EV to call if he likely has 2 lower cards (and not a pocket), but you are not such a big favorite which results in high variance.