American's please read

• philiveyfan
      philiveyfan
      Bronze
      I'm very curious now that most sites don't allow americans to play poker online, what's the next step you will take to play, also does this mean durrr ivey can't play online... Always remember facebook poker
  • 8 replies
    • conall88
      conall88
      Bronze
      failpost. pokerstrategy isnt open to americans.
    • Navrark
      Navrark
      Bronze
      Originally posted by conall88
      Epic Fail, LOL ;)

Phil Ivey and Durrr will be playing Poker in prison, no worries. It's going to be televised and they are calling it: "Poker behind bars." It will replace Full Tilt's current late night program.
    • hypertyper
      hypertyper
      Bronze
      Poker Behind Bars will be epic. They can have lots of famous amateurs join the table. Maybe Phil Hellmuth will stop swearing at his opponents :f_cool:
    • PiersM
      PiersM
      Global
      phil hellmuth will have his mouth full of something else in prison he wont be able to swear.
    • Poseidonjack
      Poseidonjack
      Basic
      We at ***EDITED BY justkyle88*** do not plan to shut down our US player accounts and therefore continue to welcome US players, both new and existing.

We will of course follow the situation carefully, but we also feel confident that while we operate under LGA (Maltese gaming Authorities) we are not violating US law.

Edited for advertising Poker Affiliate not based with PokerStrategy.com
    • PhoenixPhreak
      PhoenixPhreak
      Bronze
      Originally posted by conall88
      Semi-fail.
      Pokerstrategy isn't open to people living in America.
      It is still open to Americans living abroad.

Here is the quote from PokerStrategy itself:
      Please be aware that due to the current legal situation in the USA, we do not accept players currently residing in the USA. This means that we unfortunately cannot allow you to have an account at PokerStrategy.com and ask you to refrain from using our bonus codes.
      But that same living abroad still makes the initial question meaningless, because, well, if they are living abroad they are not really affected.

Just to give some answer to the OP. My account with PS still had my US address, even though I live in Japan and have been since August 2009. My small BR is kinda stuck there now. I will attempt to have PSs switch my address with my Japan foreigners card and bills and all the other proof necessary. We'll see if that clears up my PS situation.
      On some other Poker Forums I've seen many US players actually discuss moving to Canada or Europe. For those that aren't as free to move, they are either focusing on B&M or getting *gasp* real jobs!
    • tokyoaces
      tokyoaces
      Bronze
      Originally posted by PhoenixPhreak
      Just to give some answer to the OP. My account with PS still had my US address, even though I live in Japan and have been since August 2009. My small BR is kinda stuck there now. I will attempt to have PSs switch my address with my Japan foreigners card and bills and all the other proof necessary. We'll see if that clears up my PS situation.
      I did this a few years ago and it's quite easy. Obviously it might take a little longer right now, but I definitely think Stars will unlock your account if you send them proper documentation.
    • justkyle88
      justkyle88
      Bronze
      Hey Poseidonjack,

Post edited for reason stated.

Regards,

Kyle.