[NL2-NL10] NL5 rush KT SB squeezing

• acceleration123
      acceleration123
      Gold
      I squeeze here because UTG only minraises and I think it´s weak, also regarding his stack size he doesn´t seem to be regular so I don´t think that he considers stuff like position etc. and that´s why I don´t perceive his range very strong.

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.02/$0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)

Known players:
      BU:
      $3.63
      SB (Hero):
      $5.53
      BB:
      $2.01
      UTG1:
      $5.27
      UTG2:
      $6.13
      MP1:
      $4.35
      MP2:
      $5.02
      MP3:
      $2.08
      CO:
      $8.18

Preflop: Hero is SB with K, T.
      UTG1 folds, UTG2 raises to $0.10, 4 folds, BU calls $0.10, Hero raises to $0.45, BB folds, UTG2 calls $0.35, BU folds.

Flop: ($1.05) T, J, 4 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.65, UTG2 folds, Hero gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $1.05.
  • 4 replies
    • Adapter1337
      Adapter1337
      Bronze
      Hello!

It does not matter so much is he regural or not, position i still really important, ok its easer against weak player, because you can bit potcontrol even OOP, but still, its important to have position against any player.

With KTo on OOP i prefer to squeeze exacly regurals, but not weak/fish players, because, NL5 they dent to call WAY (i mean here WAYYYYYYYY) to much, regurals may fold mor. And again you dont hit so often, they dont like to fold theyr PP against one flop bet, and turn again, you are OOP, you have nothing, problably he have also weak hand, pot is allready nice medium size, and you just cand to anything.

Squeeze is overall really strong weapon, but its NL25+, i think your 3bet/squ range should be on NL5 like 2% what is like QQ+/AK.
      I coach atm one NL5 player and def all these plays in this limit is huge -ev, because on vacum they are +ev maybe even, but you play NL5 problably because you are not (yet) best player on world, so you dont have so much idea about postflop and you may make big mistakes there, OOP its really likley.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello acceleration123,

Actually I do understand your play since you are playing RUSH. :D I have played rush my own and I did really see a lot players tend to min-raise with very wide range and I do understand why you are 3betting there. But still I would advice as well just not to do that on NL5. You will add it into your play anyways on later on but try just to beat the basics for the beginning.

Best regards.
    • acceleration123
      acceleration123
      Gold
      Thanks. I likely got the point :D

Probably even wasn´t good to squeeze against two obvious fishes.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by acceleration123
      Thanks. I likely got the point :D

Probably even wasn´t good to squeeze against two obvious fishes.
      But at least we do learn it on smaller limits. On higher limits it will just cost a lot money for you and you will starting moving up/down the limits because of those kind of mistakes.