Go or stay?

• 8 replies
    • bradomurder
      bradomurder
      Bronze
      As yet i'm undecided. I have withdrawn a part of my roll but left enough to play the stakes I like. I want to stay put if possible but I think I'll let the dust settle and then decide.

If I cant feel like my roll is secure on FT i'll change obviously because withdrawing and depositing with swings will be too much for my tilt-prone brain to handle
    • evertonroar
      evertonroar
      Bronze
      im staying. FT still has by far the best software imo and offcourse has rakeback.

the limits i play at are still filling pretty fast
    • Duncan737
      Duncan737
      Bronze
      Stay. Population and software on other sites are absolutely awful.
    • Navrark
      Navrark
      Bronze
      Originally posted by antstruk
      Since ps and FTP have banned USA play and have been seized by the FBI, how many of you are staying put and what are your motivations for this? I for one am staying at FTP.
      I see a ton of people playing at Full Tilt still. I'm surprised because the client won't update itself, so you have to go dig for their new website. I'd be surprised if a lot of fish have bothered at this point to find a way to download the client but maybe I am wrong. Obviously if they have money on Full Tilt they may be scrambling to find answers...

I snap-tried to withdraw my 'roll the other day and now it is sitting in limbo. I wish I hadn't done so as now I can't do anything but wait. At least I could be playing there otherwise and generating rake for them.

I do wonder where they will keep the money if they have their bank accounts froze. I'm not sure how that works...
    • antstruk
      antstruk
      Bronze
      This just kinda sucks for us Canadians though because now since the main population is European, when I play the traffic on FTP is only like 25k people
    • dw00d
      dw00d
      Bronze
      im still playing at full tilt. i watched it fall from about 35k to 28k in a matter of mins. never seen it like that before.

ive got my fingers crossed that take2 will still get paid out. still getting double ftp within about 30mins of getting out of a game so theres a bit of hope. also got a few more bucks to grind out of my first deposit and will think about it more seriously after that.

if i were to move i guess it would be party poker?

would certainly miss rush poker thats for sure. its been great for take2 and clearing my micro sized bonus. although ive noticed a big drop in players at NL5. usually around 600 and over 1000 during take2 but when i played today it was down to 180

where would you go if you had to move sites?

i really hope that 'business as usual' means exactly that, but these are pretty dark times :(
    • evertonroar
      evertonroar
      Bronze
      because the client won't update itself

updated by itself fine for me
    • MrMardyBum
      MrMardyBum
      Bronze
      I've already shipped everything from Stars and FT and deposited on Party, the way I see it, either FT and Stars will bounce back and all will be well, or they will go down and it will end up like the Neteller situation where you'll have wait for 6months to get money - If you get it at all.

Why stick at rooms when there is a good chance whatever you win might not be there next time you boot the client? If you must stay and you have the option to withdraw I highly suggest you just leave yourself 5 - 10 buyins depending on the amount of tables you play and keep at least some of your cash 100% safe.

Also, SOME payment processors are also being held accountable and the only one I know that is absolutely 100% not being targeted is Moneybookers because they do not allow people from the US to use it.

That's about all I have to offer based on following this very closely from the start and finding out as many details as I can.

Jungleman12 thinks himself (as discussed on live interactive pod cast on Ustream) that all will sort itself out and seemed quite unconcerned so that looks good, although I don't think he actually knows any more than anyone else at this stage. Obviously Durrrr has been pretty relaxed about it as well so only time will tell.

Still better to have a chance to get your cash now than wait hope it will blow over and then discover it doesn't and have the chance of losing the lot.